markamodeo

let's leave animals out of it...

Skinflicka,
I know you were just goofing around about your cat and the shotgun, but that kind of talk is offensive to some folks. The reason being that people really DO commit atrocities upon defenceless animals (and kids, and adults) with sickening regularity. I understand freedom of speech, and all that, but dude, you're one of the most prolific guys posting on the board(s), with some of the funniest opinions. It's a laugh to read your posts, usually... I was just a bit upset by the silly cat comment. (And yes, I know I'm oversensitive!)
I also believe, Tom Aiello, that NO-ONE has ANY business forcing animals into BASE jumping (or skydiving). The people who make their animal(s) BASE jump are out of line. If I knew who they were, I WOULD report them to the Anti Cruelty Societies of their respective countries. Or have a word with them myself. I don't mean to start a war, and turn this forum into the BASEboard(TM), but you'll notice that I'm not posting anonymously, because I think this subject is important.
Anyway, thanks for reading.
Mark.

Mark-

I appreciate your comments, but you've mis-directed your caution. I've not posted anything about cats and shotguns (at least, nothing I can remember doing :| ).

Heck, I don't even own a cat!

I'll look around and try to find the post that you are referencing. Perhaps someone went to the trouble to hack my ID and post as me, though I'd doubt that as who in their right mind would want to steal my identity? It'd be like stealing a broken-down old Dodge Dart ;)

Peace,

D-d0g

ps: I did a forum search on "cat and shotgun," and found only a post I made a while back about BASE videos. In it, I discussed the scene in which my friend RL is shot (with a 12-gauge shotgun) by Goldilicks on the video. Later, I mentioned the infamous "road kill possum/cat" footage. However, I never suggested (or joked) that folks shoot cats. Shooting Ray is ok by me (!!), but shooting cats is out of line. Sorry if somehow I gave some other impression - my non-human family is, in many ways, more a part of me than any humans so I think I full well understand the imperative of treating other sentient beings on our planet with respect and care.

+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Take a look at this thread, 6th post down. The comment about shotguns and cats was made by "skinflicka", not Doug.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

D-dog,
I am an ass!!
Sorry! My bag completely!
I have no idea why/how I made that mistake... guess I read a few other posts before feeling compelled to respond.
I am SO, SO, SORRY!
It was a SKINFLICKA post, on the "first parachute jump was BASE" thread.
I know it's just his English sense of humour, but we'll see how much he's laughing after Wales kicks England's collective ass in the six-nations rugby on 2/22/03
I've edited my initial post accordingly.
Mark.

Hey, no worries. I'm just glad that Tom didn't hijack my ID and start posting "kill all the cats" comments around the net. He's funny like that, you gotta watch him!

Just 'cause I am a "dog and horses" afficianado don't mean I hate cats, yo!

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

ddog, just sent you an email... it's safe to open!
skinflicka... no hard feelings... still want to hook up and do some jumps (i'll have to gloat over the rugby, anyway)
mark

Mark,

Given your land of birth I completely understand your sensitivity towards animals (fnarr, fnarr).

Please feel free to blame Doug for anything that's my fault.

Anyone who knows me (and my animals) knows that this kind of chit chat is just in fun. I do not condone the shooting of cats, the dropping of baskets containing dogs or anything that our antipodean bethren do for amusement. I apololgise with due humility to anyone who was offended by my posts. I'm currently taking a few months out from BASE and tapping away on the boards is my sole source of amusement ('cept the guinea pigs).

Mark, certainly no hard feelings. I fully intend to come your way for some fun this spring / summer.

For anyone who doesn't know me or my style of posting...It's never serious unless it's technical BASE and it's rare that I post tech stuff. Besides, who needs to with Mr Aiello's son Tom moderating?

This is a fun forum and for now is low on ego and high in enthusiasm. I like that so I'll keep posting. My posts are mostly for fun but I have a nasty habit of crossing the line. Feel free to (politely) berate me as Mark has. I won't take offence.

Keep having fun folks. That's why we do this (although you have to wonder sometimes when you're at the exit).

Best wishes all. I'm off to drink heavily.

S. Flicka Esq.

PS Taping up the guinea pig first will generally prevent catastophic failure.
;)

$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

PS Taping up the guinea pig first will generally prevent catastophic failure.

I know its all opinion and we are not experts - but I believe that not taping the guinea pig increases the sensation - but be sure to clip those claws as that will cause catastophic failure!!! - oh of course unless you go off and drink heavily first!!! :o

[replyI know its all opinion and we are not experts - but I believe that not taping the guinea pig increases the sensation - but drink heavily first!!

Oh, I don't know McFly. I think you might be able to claim "expert" ;)
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

[replyI know its all opinion and we are not experts - but I believe that not taping the guinea pig increases the sensation - but drink heavily first!!

Oh, I don't know McFly. I think you might be able to claim "expert" ;)

He's about half right. The Silky Satin, Waxy Rexes, shaggy shelties, and Crown crest, Generally require no tape at all. Since it is optional on almost all guinea pigs to tape or not to tape, It still is left up to the sensations of the user. However genral consensus has agreed this to be true.

Taping up the Agouti or the Absyinian is actually highly recommended. The chances of catastrophic failure is is extremely high on those two types. If I understand correctly that's what skinflicka is more familiar with. Where as The Silky satin and Shaggy Sheltie is very popular in Mac226's neck of the woods.

Not enough informathion is out on the Peruvian, self, short haired, Non self to come up with a viable conclusion.

Now cross a Silky satin with an Agouti,...that's some versatility.
-
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Taping up the Agouti or the Absyinian is actually highly recommended. The chances of catastrophic failure is is extremely high on those two types. If I understand correctly that's what skinflicka is more familiar with. Where as The Silky satin and Shaggy Sheltie is very popular in Mac226's neck of the woods.

ah! I had to go my own way with this as I could not find a mentor - as Skin did. So he has progressed faster than me. He is doing some much more hardcore stuff than my mere newbie experiences. I am in no rush and will go at my own pace - for the time being I will stick with the lower risk no taper with just a 3 second delay - I realise when going into the Agouti & Absyinian where taping is recommended - a longer delay is recommended - now thats getting into the dodgy 4-8 second realm! For those of you yet to make your first please please try this first - http://www.realhamster.com - remember this is not a game and you can get hurt!

Be Safe - Be making sure the claws are clipped......
:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

I caught my cat pissing on my main a few years back. I wanted to take a shotgun to him. You can contact the humane society if you want. I refrained from kicking him as far as I could and just asked him to become an outdoors cat for good. Thank god it never gets too cold in Denver.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I caught my cat......

We're only interested in guinea Pigs. Thanks for the input though. Have a nice day
-
-
(edit: my sorry ass spelling)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto