- When jumpmaster says "GET INTO POSITION", take your position in the door. You should be facing forward, with your left foot on the edge of the door. Keep your back low to avoid snagging your rig on the top of the door.
- When you are ready to exit, turn to your right and shout "CHECK IN!" to your main side JM.
- The JM will respond "OK!" and nod his head when you are ready to go.
- Do the exit count - "Ready! Set! Arch!"
- On "Arch!" step to the left, out of the plane. Try to remain facing forward, and try to hit the wing with your pelvis as you leave the plane. Remember to ARCH!
- Count to four, maintaining a hard arch - "One thousand! Two thousand! Three thousand! Four thousand!"
- Do three practice ripcord touches - "Arch! Reach! Feel! Back to arch!"
- heck your altitude by turning your head to look at the altimeter on your left hand.
- Look at your main side jump master and shout your altitude at him - "Ten thousand feet!"
- Respond to any hand signals your MS JM gives you.
- When you see the "forward motion" signal (legs-out signal, moving away from you) do forward motion for six seconds - hands back by your waist, legs straight, toes pointed.
- After six seconds, return to a neutral arch. Don't bring your feet up too much!
- Check your altimeter. If below 6000 feet, shake your head - no more manuevers.
- At 5000 feet, wave off once, then arch-reach-feel-pull. Hang on to the ripcord after the pull!
- Start counting - "One thousand! Two thousand!" to give your parachute time to open.
- Move forward through the sky by straightening your legs and bringing your arms back.
- Do three good PRCP’s to help you find the ripcord later.
- Pull at the right altitude. Maintain stability by keeping the arch.
LEVEL TWO HINTS:
- To fix stability problems - ARCH! Make sure your legs are still out a little after each forward motion.
- Check your altimeter at least once every five seconds. Time goes fast up there.
- Your legs are 80% of your drive during forward motion. Make sure you get them out there.
REMEMBER THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF ANY SKYDIVE:
PULL AT THE RIGHT ALTITUDE!
LAND SAFELY UNDER AN OPEN CANOPY!