terheggen

Sigma 17-35mm F2.8 - F4 Aspherical EX Zoom Lens with the HS (Hyper Sonic) motor.

anybody knows anything about this lens....
I want to use it on a EOS50E, what i like about this lens is that i could use it on a digital canon as i probaly will go over to that somewere next year or year after. Have a 28 mm canon at the moment, but look for more wide angle and fish eye for ff photo`s on a buget as i plan traveling to assie soon...

thanks

Don't forget about the conversion factor for Canon digital SLRs.

Multiply the focal length by 1.6 to get the digital equivilant.

I'm currently shooting a fixed 24mm on a film body, and found that I need at least a 15mm on a digital to match the 24mm, and am considering a Sigma 10-20 (about $450) so I'll have some room to go super wide on some jumps. Theres also a Sigma 15-30 (about $325) that would work as well.

The zooms are heavier, but the any fixed lens at 15mm or less would be over $600, and I don't want to see that much lens burn in if my lid comes off on opening one day.

If you really watch the weight on the rest of the helmet, drill a bunch of holes in everything, and use tiny batteries on the video, you can make up for some of the weight penalty.

Also, mount the still as close to your head as possible. The further it is from the base of your skull, the more your neck will feel it swinging around up there.