freddysdaddy

dropzone in thailand (pattaya)

hi,
i am planning to go to bangkok for a while. i got some questions about dropzones in this country.
i already found a link to the pattaya dz. does anybody have any experience with this place? i could only find some older postings about pattaya.
do i need my own rig? do they jump all year through?
anything important to know before going there?
any other dropzones around?
thx,
freddysdaddy :ph34r:

You need your own rig. I haven't been there in almost a year. I think they still fly the C206 on weekends only, unless there is a group coming. Very nice people, great lunch but don't just show up unannounced and expect to do double digit jumps. Contact Stephen through the dz website. He replies very quickly.

i'm from thailand and have been down there.. it's the only dz in thailand.. the next closest one is malaysia..

it's not the biggest dz but its decent, the people were nice.. make sure you call them before you go down there as skydiving in asia just hasn't taken off yet so they're not very busy and so are not open all the time..

just google skydiving thailand and you will find their website which has more info.. contact stephen- [email protected]

good luck!

hi,
thanks a lot for your fast answers. i did find the homepage and i have contact to stephen already.
but, in difference to your answers, he told me, that i would not need to have my own rig with me. just for everybody else to know, who is gonna go there.
something he told me as well, is, that it is important to book it before.
blue skies,
freddysdaddy