TechnaCr250

Some Newbie Questions???

Hello all,

My name is Dan im new to the forums and to skydiving, I had my first Tandum skydive last week, took out the whole family, I must say i am hooked. I absolutly loved it.

I have some quick questions i couldnt find by serching.

I plan to take the course to get my license so i can begin solo skydiving,

I have seen two ways to go abou this, The AFF and the Static line,
I have noticed the static line is much cheaper, due to cost of training and so forth it doesnt cost nearly as much to do, and i understand that. I am a very quick learner, and very phisical, have been in the Marine Corps for 4 Years now...

If i take the Static line course, what elese would i have to compleete to get my license, Same with AFF..

Thanks for the help guys!

-Dan

I'm going to assume that since you mentioned the Marine Corps, you live in the US, so this information is for USPA regulations.

No matter what training method you use, you'll need to complete all of the requirements on the USPA A License card. That includes a minimum of 25 jumps and a variety of skills that you need to have signed off by an instructor. Both training methods will get you there, they're just structured slightly differently. Do a search on AFF vs. static line... there are more opinions on it than there are skydivers.:D

There is a good section on training here. USPA info is here.

Of course, your best bet for what to expect is to talk to the folks at your local dropzone who can talk you through the method (or methods) of instruction that they offer and help you learn more.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

They have some sort of "yellow card" thing now. I think you have to do all the requirements on it weather you do AFF or static line. Personally I did AFF and liked it that way. Both ways work but from what I have seen people learn faster doing AFF.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

wow, ok....you made my advice look like crap. Oh well :)

Yours was still accurate and included one vital piece of detail that I forgot ... that the card is Yellow.;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke