vortexring

Hypocrite?

Blair says selling stories "not a good idea"
11/04/2007 23:18

By Peter Graff

LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Tony Blair acknowledged on Wednesday it was a bad idea to let sailors held in Iran sell their stories to newspapers, but appeared unlikely to sack top officials over the affair.

After days of silence, Defence Secretary Des Browne accepted responsibility for the decision to relax rules on service members profiting from interviews to allow sailors captured by Iran to sell their stories for thousands of pounds.

Blair, in his first comments on an affair that has overshadowed the freeing of 15 sailors and marines after nearly two weeks in Iran, said navy chiefs were only trying to manage media hype when they agreed to let them accept payment.

"The navy were trying to deal with a wholly exceptional situation in which the families were being pursued by the media to sell their stories," Blair said in televised comments.

"The navy took the view that it would be better to try to manage the situation rather than let it happen. Now, with hindsight, was that a good idea? No," he said.

"Do I believe it will happen again? No. But were people acting completely in good faith and honourably so far as the navy was concerned? Yes they were. Now I think we have had days of this already and it’s time to move on."

Political opponents said the decision to allow the service members to profit from their time in Iran handed a propaganda coup to Britain’s enemies and embarrassed serving troops.

Browne said with hindsight he would not have permitted the troops to accept payment for their stories. He reversed the decision on Monday, banning further payments, after stories from two of the captured personnel had been published.

"I don’t hide behind the fact that the navy made this decision. I accept responsibility," the defence secretary said in a television interview.<

What a complete cunt - ok, the useless Navy/cabbagehead surrender monkeys completely fucked up, and a couple of oxygen thieves amongst them decided to whore themselves for cash to the press. Which is initially dishonerable is it not? (Taking into account the experiences of our forefathers in WWII, the poor conscripts in Vietnam and also; the numerous innocent tortured souls in Guantanomo bay.)

So what the FUCK has that useless CUNT B'Liar got to say on the matter, as he whores an entire nation to aid his after dinner lies, to fund his mortgage.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

the useless Navy/cabbagehead surrender monkeys completely fucked up, and a couple of oxygen thieves amongst them decided to whore themselves for cash to the press. Which is initially dishonerable is it not?

Dude, you just made a personal attack on me for what I said in This Post but you obviously agree with everything I said and are actually even more harsh. ?????

I used to post drunk too. :D

He's a complete tit - a failed lawyer, a proven liar. The most basic body language student could easily identify him as a compulsive liar, yet he is a national leader! An arse gibbon licker, to fulfil his mortgage commitments. Fucking hell! In the '50's the majority of politicians were ex-servicemen. What are they now? What positive characteristics are these chimps bringing to the people as leaders?

Entirely fuck all. No fucking wonder society is rotating down the plughole. It makes me utterly sick. The world would be a more peaceful place without these fucking monkeys we are appeased to vote for.

Yet still we do!

Conclusion - the majority of people are fucking stupid. Or, the majority of people share similiar ideals to the political gibbons.

Cunts.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

the useless Navy/cabbagehead surrender monkeys completely fucked up, and a couple of oxygen thieves amongst them decided to whore themselves for cash to the press. Which is initially dishonerable is it not?

Dude, you just made a personal attack on me for what I said in This Post but you obviously agree with everything I said and are actually even more harsh. ?????

I used to post drunk too. :D

Well, glad you laugh, it's funny when you miss the entire point isn't it? And being drunk is not an excuse either. Get a grip of yourself.

Do you actually understand the Queen's English?

Despite your questioning, you're still agreeing with me? Despite being 'steamed.'

Are you a Labour Party gibbon???

Anyway, I do see your points, I just get fucked off and gob off here. Saves getting a GBH charge in the local apparantly.:)

Was T. E. Lawrence an oxygen thief when he wrote "Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph"?

How about Erwin Rommel when he wrote "Infanterie greift an"?

I guess only the important people should be allowed to have their comments published, the peasants should fuck off and shut up. Congratulations that is spectacularly British of you. Now go do something useful with your opinion like send Richard Branson a fan letter or lay a wreath for Lady Di.

You missed the point. T.E. Lawrence and Erwin Rommel are not modern day politicians, or silly sailors with about as much honour and dignity as a Whopper meal.