3mpire

Install Bonehead chin cup on Brand X FX open face helmet?

Has anyone installed the bonehead chin cup on the Brand X FX open face helmet? I was told that it was compatible by Square1 however it looks to me like I'll have to drill out the holes to fit the larger screws. The instructions that came with the chin cup are bonehead specific so that isn't much help. Before I take a drill to this thing I wanted to see if anyone else has done this and can give me a few pointers?

For anyone that runs into this, here is what we did to get it to work. First off, the inner assembly was a bit tough to get out because it looks like they overtightened the screw a bit when it was first put together. this caused the t-bar inside to mushroom out a bit, so it required a little hammering to get out.

the holes drilled in the helmet for the standard chin strap are smaller than the screws that come with the bonehead mount. so even though they say it will fit, it will not. we had to drill out the holes so that it would all fit.

that said, it's all assembled now, but be warned you'll have to do a little more work than it would first appear.