OnyxSkyDV

Screwed with my Diablo 170?

Well, I may not be the best packer in the world, but I am far from a poor packer. Working on my riggers ticket, and in fact packed my own 1st save (I owed myself a bottle of my favorite, plus the drink of choice to my most excellent mentor), so I am not terrible inclined to think it was an out and out bollux of a packjob, though it's always a possibility.

As far as the lineset goes, I am far more inclined to look down that path, but is seems unlikely that the lines would be that far out of trim in just 150 jumps. Again, always a possibility, and seems the most likely explaination of the issue so far.

Onyx

On a similar note, we recently had a Diablo 170 in our loft to replace three broken lines after a brutally hard opening.
The owner is not a very good packer.
Hint!
Hint!
The new Aerodyne still sells line kits etc. for "orphaned" canopies (Wildfire, Diablo, etc.), but they are painfully slow on delivery.
Hint!

Was manufactured in 99, I bought it at least a year after it was made, though I understand the point you are making.

Skybands are just rubberbands, and I do not recall the manual stating specifically which rubberbands to use, so that is a moot point.

Constructive input is appreciated, if you are unable to do so, move on.

You are complaining about a canopy 6 (or more) years old tearing? When you bought the canopy, you must have seen the warning that said there is no warranty. Even if there was a warranty, it would have long expired because of time.

Try this: buy a brand new car, only drive it once a month to the corner store. When it is six years old, try and get the manufacturer to warranty a broken part. They will laugh you out of the dealership, and that is with something that was barely used, and did have a warranty, since expired.

Also, I am certain they never approved the canopy to be packed with skybands, so you were not packing properly according to the manual. Get over it.