Vigil Service Bulletin - 19 April 2018
Issue Date: 19 April 2018
Bulletin Number: PSB-01-2018
Subject: Firmware Update and High Altitude Jumps
Status: Mandatory Prior to the next jump with any aircraft altitude exceeding 27,000 ft MSL
Identification: All Sport Vigil II and Vigil 2+ with firmware versions 05.05, 05.06, 06.01, 06.02
This product service bulletin does not apply to Military Vigils
Background: Due to an internal calculation algorithm, units with firmware versions 05.05, 05.06, 06.01, 06.02 will enter protected CTRL-ERR mode when the measured pressure is less than 300 hpa. (Approximately 30,000 ft MSL).
Compliance: Vigil II & Vigil 2+ (does not apply to Military Vigils). All Vigil II and 2+ units with firmware versions 05.05, 05.06, 06.01, 06.02 MUST be updated to a new firmware version.
The current firmware version MUST be checked in the info menu during the startup of the Vigil. (See Road Map - Parameter Sequence Flow Chart in the User's Manual).
Compliance Date: Compliance is the mandatory before any jump during which the aircraft is anticipated to reach, or reaches, any altitude above 27,000 ft MSL. DO NOT MAKE ANY JUMP IF THE AIRCRAFT, AT ANY TIME ON THE FLIGHT, EXCEEDS 27,000 ft MSL WITHOUT HAVING FIRST FULLY COMPILED WITH THIS PSB.
For all users NOT making, or planning to make a jump with an exit altitude above 27,000 ft MSL, or planning to make a flight above 27,000 ft MSL, compliance is still mandatory for all affected firmware versions, however compliance may be at the user's convenience during any repack between the date of this PSB and 31 May 2020.
This is to prevent risk of possible future high altitude use by a new owner or user, without compliance with, or awareness of this service bulletin.
Compliance Procedure and Costs:
- Please follow the return RMA procedure online at https://www.vigil.aero/servicing
- The unit update, maintenance and return shipping from AAD Belgium or Vigil America to the customer will be at no charge to the customer.
- The shipping cost to AAD Belgium or to Vigil America will be the customer's responsibility.
- Repack costs and expenses are solely the customer's responsibility. No claims for repack costs and expenses will be accepted.
Bd.A. Reysers, 193
1030 Brussels - Belgium - Europe
www.vigil.aero - email@example.com
Vigil America, Inc.
1400 Flightline Blvd., Suite C
Deland, FL 32724
www.vigil.aero - firstname.lastname@example.org
Distribution of this Advisory Product Service Bulletin shall include, but is not limited to:
- All AAD dealers.
- Parachute Industry Association.
- All identified parachuting publications.
- All identified parachuting Federations and Associations.
- All National Aero Clubs, Parachuting Section.
- IPC Technical Committee
More articles in this category:
- Vigil Service Bulletin - 19 April 2018 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2018-04-24)
- Aerodyne Semi-Stowless Deployment Bag Service Bulletin - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2018-03-14)
- Swoop Freestyle FAI World Championship Program - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-08-04)
- World Championships in Freestyle Swooping Coming This August - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-07-12)
- Skydiving From a Drone - A World First - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-05-15)
- Para Gear Photo Submissions For Catalog #81 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-12-02)
- Countdown To Luke Aikens Heaven Sent - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-07-21)
- Formation Flower Power At Inflight Dubai As Girls Storm To Scrambles Crown - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-04-25)