UK Serviceman dies in parachute accident
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 1230 BST on Friday.
The identity of the man and the cause of the accident have yet to be released.
The incident was the second parachuting accident in the area this week.
A man, aged about 60, died after suffering multiple injuries in a skydiving accident on Wednesday morning.
It is thought his parachute failed to open when he made a jump at Northamptonshire's Hinton airfield near Brackley, near the Oxfordshire border.
He was taken by air ambulance to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford where he later died.
The British Parachute Association and Northamptonshire Police are investigating the incident.
More articles in this category:
- Plane Crash Kills 5 in Kauai - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-05-24)
- Jump Plane Crashes Near Lodi - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-05-12)
- Inches From Death - Near Plane Collision - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-02-10)
- Gear Issues factor in death of British jumper - by Times online (Posted: 2004-03-19)
- Gulfport skydiver killed in stunt landing - by Greg Harman (Posted: 2004-01-02)
- Kiwi-built skydiving plane crashes at sea, killing pilot - by AP (Posted: 2003-12-27)
- Six killed in mid-air plane crash in Germany - by Reuters (Posted: 2003-08-23)
- BASE jumping injuries and treatment in the field - by Dexterbase (Posted: 2003-07-27)