Eugene Skydivers files FAA part 16 complaint against City of Creswell and Airport
CRESWELL, Ore—Eugene Skydivers owner and operator Urban Moore filed an FAA part 16 complaint against the City of Creswell and the Creswell Hobby Field in December 2011. The complaint was filed to restore landing rights for skydivers at the Creswell Airport. A ruling is expected to be announced no later than August 2012. The decision is expected to have national implications because it will set a precedent for cases involving airport access for skydiving activities on federally assisted airports.
The part 16 complaint stems from a 2006 disagreement over landing rights for skydivers at the Creswell Airport. The dispute affects where skydivers land their parachutes and reduced Eugene Skydivers business operation to tandem skydiving only. An alternate landing site, located near Seavey Loop Road in Eugene, is currently being used until this issue is resolved. If the FAA affirms the rights of skydivers to land on the airport then full operations is expected to resume later this year.
About Eugene Skydivers
Eugene Skydivers drop zone opened for business in February 1992 at the Creswell Airport with only a single aircraft. Six years after opening, Eugene Skydivers built its operation to include three Cessna 182 airplanes. The drop zone has performed exhibition skydives for local businesses and charities. In 1998 a state skydiving record was hosted at the drop zone. Eugene Skydivers has performed an estimated 65,000 skydives over the past 20- years. This year alone over 400 tandem skydives have been safely conducted. The hours of operation are weekends and by appointment.
More articles in this category:
- World Championships in Freestyle Swooping Coming This August - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-07-12)
- Skydiving From a Drone - A World First - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-05-15)
- Para Gear Photo Submissions For Catalog #81 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-12-02)
- Countdown To Luke Aikens Heaven Sent - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-07-21)
- Formation Flower Power At Inflight Dubai As Girls Storm To Scrambles Crown - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-04-25)
- Seattle Resident Becomes First Female Level 4 Indoor Instructor - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-04-21)
- Skydive Arizona Event Updates - by Skydive Arizona (Posted: 2016-02-01)
- Para Gear Photo Submissions For Catalog 80 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-12-02)