$400 Contour+2 HD Action Camera with Live Streaming LaunchedBy GearHead on 2012-09-14
This week Contour launched their new Contour+2. Like its predecessors the Contour+2 is a light-weight versatile full HD action camera. Contour took a look at their previous models and combined the best features from the ContourROAM and the Contour+ into the new easy to use Countour+2. By sticking the existing form factor they made sure the camera is still small and light, two of the most important requirements for any mounted action cam. The Contour+2 weighs only 0.2oz more than its immediate predecessor.
What's in the box?
While most of the improvements are to the video itself, there are some external changes that, on the face of it makes real sense and will probably make this an even more desirable little camera to have. Contour brought back the built-in tripod (1/4" - 20) mount, something that got lost between the ContourROAM and the original Contour+ that just didn't make sense. There’s also an Instant-on record switch and no more power button. Slide the slider forward and you’re ready to jump. There's a slide lock to prevent you from having a dreaded premature recording stop.
The Contour+2 records full HD (1080p) at 30FPS video and SD (480p) video at 120FPS. However, it now also embeds “rich data” like speed, elevation and distance via a built-in GPS receiver as part of the recording. All of this can be edited and fused via their Storyteller app (PC/Mac). So, much easier to track and share your most excellent wingsuit jump.
Other cool features include: a 270° rotating lens which allows you to mount this camera in almost any position you can imagine and the built-in leveling laser will help you get frame and get the picture right regardless. An external mic port, a 4GB microSD card and a mini HDMI cable for live streaming all included. Also part of the package is a 60-meter waterproof case and then of course the one we like, improved Bluetooth connectivity, turning your iOS or Android smartphone into and external remote viewfinder.
Another great thing, at $399.99, you get all of this at about 100 dollars cheaper than the old Contour+!
We hope to have a full review of the Contour+2 in the very near future for you. In the meantime, find out more about this camera on the Contour Website.
Buy your Gear from these Trusted Stores:
More articles in this category:
- Squirrel Suits Release 'The Swift' Beginner Wingsuit - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2013-11-20)
- MarS A.S Product Service Bulletin - by dropzone.com (Posted: 2013-11-18)
- Birdman Announces Katana Wingsuit Release - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2013-10-30)
- Birdman Ninja Wingsuit Revealed - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2013-10-21)
- Introducing the Garmin VIRB Action Camera - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2013-08-22)
- GoPro Hero 3 - Firmware Update and Stability Issues - by (Posted: 2013-04-09)
- Replay XD: Is it the New Generation of Skydiving Camera - by DSE (Posted: 2013-03-25)
- The Return of BIRDMAN - by (Posted: 2013-03-19)