Sky Systems Ltd. changing ownership
DENVER, CO (April 21, 2005) – After sixteen years in business, Sky Systems, Ltd. finds new ownership with Carey Whitley, Yvonne Gnirss and Doug Park, where the business will find its new home in DeLand, Florida.
Troy Widgery, former competitive skydiver with Airmoves, and also founder of Go Fast Sports & Beverage Co., established Sky Systems, Ltd. in 1988 with the invention of the Tube Stoe®. In the years to follow, Sky Systems’ designs revolutionized helmets in the world of skydiving, and the company established and owns several patent/trademarks in the skydiving industry.
The change in ownership is for the benefit of skydivers worldwide, and for that of Sky Systems. “With my need to focus my energy on Go Fast, I figured who better than Doug and Carey to carry on the innovation and quality production of Sky Systems – and to help Sky Systems remain the skydiving helmet and accessories leader worldwide,” said Troy Widgery. “With their experience and passion in this industry, they have the ability to take Sky Systems to an entirely new level, and to continue the original mission to develop new trends and products based on skydivers’ demands.”
The change in ownership will move the Sky Systems headquarters and production facilities out of Colorado. Sky Systems headquarters and production will be moved to Florida later this month.
About Sky Systems, Ltd.
Established in 1988, Sky Systems Ltd. was founded by Troy Widgery with the premise that skydiving equipment should be designed for skydivers by skydivers. Troy's experience includes performing in several world-class teams, including Air Moves and Vortex. As a result, Sky Systems Ltd. has been able to maintain first-hand knowledge of the trends and current demands of this dynamic industry, and in turn, produce some of the most innovative, unique, and highest quality products available in the skydiving market today.
About Doug Park/Carey Whitley/Yvonne Gnirss
With nearly 22,000 skydives between them; this new ownership team will bring a tremendous amount of first-hand industry knowledge to the production, growth and marketing of Sky Systems brand products. All three ownership partners come from independent small business backgrounds, and have made skydiving an integral part of their personal and professional accomplishments.
Doug Park / DeLand Majik
- 16000+ skydives
- 2004 World Champion 4-way, Croatia
- 2004, 2003, 2002 Anton Malvesky World Cup Champion, Russia (WR ave. 23.1)
- 2004, 2003 US National 4-way Champion
- 2004, 2003 US National Overall Champion
- 2004, 2002 Shamrock Showdown Champion (WR ave. 22.7)
- 2003, 2002 National Skydiving League Champion
- 2002 World Cup Champion 4-way, Spain
- 2002 World Cup Bronze Medalist 8-way, Spain
- 2002 US National Bronze Medalist
- 1998 World Cup Champion, Portugal
- Multiple US National Silver Medals
- Former landscape company business owner, Vermont
- 4400+ Skydives
- Current Manager and Chef at the Perfect Spot, DeLand
- AFF Instructor
- Competitor at Nationals
- Former owner of one of the “25 Fastest Growing Companies and Best Businesses” in Richmond, VA – Sharper Palette catering company
- Small Business Consultant
- 1500 skydives
- Owner and Artist of Fused Image (www.fusedimage.com)
- Marathon/Multi-Sport Endurance Athlete – training for 2005 Florida Half Ironman
For more information, please email email@example.com.
More articles in this category:
- Brent Chandler Discusses Dekunu's Feature Filled Altimeter - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2018-01-30)
- Freefall Data Systems LLC Launch New Altimeters - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-12-19)
- Hybrid Valkyrie Available Now! - by Performance Designs (Posted: 2017-06-05)
- Introducing the PD Horizon - The easy ‘off button’ to end your wingsuit flight - by Karl Meyer (Posted: 2017-05-18)
- Introducing UPT's Mutant Swoop Rig - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-05-10)
- Safire 3 - Jill Grantham's First Impressions - by (Posted: 2017-04-06)
- The Slickest Rigs From PIA 2017 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-02-24)
- The ProTrack II - A Detailed Look - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2017-02-20)