Aerodyne announces the market release of the Mamba canopy
Edward "Bushman" Anderson, President of Aerodyne Research, describes how the Mamba came into existence: "This product is the result of 2 years of continued Research & Development and test jumping, with the final version of prototype being test jumped in cooperation with the Norwegian 4-way team Arcteryx. The team has approximately 1500 jumps on the Katana and therefore had a good platform to relate to, whilst evaluating the Mamba."
With a planform factor of 22.1 and an aspect ratio of 2.7:1 the Mamba is one of the most elliptical wings on the market today. As a comparison, the Pilot has a planform factor of 6.6 and the Vision 14.7. Despite its aggressive taper, the Mamba sports unparalleled openings and provides the jumper with a smooth controlled snivel & maximum forgiveness during inflation. It is extremely responsive to toggle input.
One of the most impressive features of the Mamba is the glide ratio. Recent tests against other high performance canopies show that the Mamba has a definite advantage in this performance arena. With the Mamba a jumper will increase the ability to get back from long spots and have the absolute longest swoop landings ever experienced under a non cross braced wing.
The Mamba has light toggle and riser pressure, allowing the jumper to explore all avenues of available control input and to maximize the performance of this new wing. By utilizing the light front riser pressure one can continue to increase both the speed with steep but controlled dives. The flare on the Mamba is powerful and easy to read, leaving you with total control of pitch angle. "From the moment you start your flare you will easily be able to gauge your distance and landing speed.
Experienced canopy pilots will find that the Mamba is easy to land while maximizing their swoop distance and control.", so reports Ole Petter Hjelle, team captain of Arcteryx. "Our team member Tore Buer has already flown the Mamba during swoop competitions and put respectable scores on the board!"
- Fully Elliptical Planform - Provides phenomenal flight performance and landings.
- Pre Shaped Nose - Improved inflation and aerodynamics.
- Zero Porosity Fabric - Provides increased durability & longevity
- 700 lb HMA Line - Provides exacting tolerance on line trims.
- Aspect Ratio - 2.7:1
- Planform Factor - 22.1
Available Sizes90, 96, 104, 111, 117, 124, 132, 140 and 150 sq ft. The retail price of the Mamba is fixed at $ 1999 and we are taking orders now.
More articles in this category:
- GoPro Hero 3 - Firmware Update and Stability Issues - by (Posted: 2013-04-09)
- Replay XD: Is it the New Generation of Skydiving Camera - by DSE (Posted: 2013-03-25)
- The Return of BIRDMAN - by (Posted: 2013-03-19)
- Apache Wingsuit Modifications - by DSE (Posted: 2013-02-04)
- Inside Squirrel Wingsuits - by (Posted: 2013-01-21)
- Oregon Scientific ATC Chameleon Review - by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Posted: 2012-12-18)
- Drift Innovation Release Drift HD Ghost - by (Posted: 2012-11-14)
- Best POV Action Camera Shootout: 6 Challengers Reviewed - by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Posted: 2012-11-11)