• Content

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Everything posted by Bigfalls

  1. Is the rate of Covid lower in Canada than the US because you stay 2 meters apart rather than 6 feet?
  2. If Tucker Carlson really believes everything he is saying, how does that reflect on him. If he is just saying it because he is being paid a lot, that does not reflect on him very well either.
  3. I live with the results like everyone else.
  4. I am registered Republican and have voted Republican and Democrat but sometimes I can't bring my self to support either candidate.
  5. If athletes get athletes foot what do astronauts get........................Missile toe.
  6. I just watched this 25 minute interview with a captured Russian soldier. It was really interesting.
  7. A large percentage of Senators and Congressmen are men, and old. How would they like it if there was a law prohibiting the removal of their prostate if they got cancer.
  8. Skydiving became a lifestyle for me long ago. I have spent 70% of my life at the DZ and wasted the other 30%.
  9. We are already paying for the first 13 years (K-12) and maybe more with pre-K. Now they want us to pay for the next 4 or 5. I can see a no interest loan and extending the pay off years but cancelling debt, no way.
  10. The earth is very complicated, weather, climate, earthquakes, volcanos, ice ages, meteors, sun spots, solar flares, ??. Scientists have and will continue to make predictions, computer models have and will be made. We need to keep track of the ones past and future to determine their accuracy and not just report the ones that came true. The earth will be here for a long time in the future. Many species have gone extinct. Many will go extinct in the future, humans probably will also.
  11. I hope they bring lots of $$$$ to help pay New York taxes.
  12. Back in the early 1970's, I attended a couple evening lectures at Cornell given by Carl Sagan. He spoke about the Arecibo Telescope in Puerto Rico. They were looking for radio transmissions from intelligent life in other parts of the galaxy. He said many of the stars were about 25 light years away and if other intelligent beings had a radio telescope aimed in the direction of our solar system, they would be picking up 25 year old radio transmissions from earth. When they received the transmissions from I Love Lucy, they would know there was no intelligent life in this part of the galaxy. Projected on the screen, there was a constellation of a 6 legged unicorn viewed from another location in our galaxy looking toward our solar system. He said do you see that star at the base of the unicorn's tail, that is our sun. He had a sense of humor.
  13. If it gets too hot here in the USA, Canada better watch out. Trump won't be around so somebody better start building a wall.
  14. Are you sure he even remembers anything that long ago?
  15. Females are XX, Males are XY. They can act, dress, identify, transition how ever they like. Other X, Y combinations have their own definitions. They are all people and should have equal rights, opportunities, respect and treatment under the law.
  16. There were 33,244 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2019 in which 36,096 deaths occurred. Powered by fossil fuels.
  17. Many years ago when Howard was Conference Director, he would visit our DZ and spend the weekend. Our clubhouse had a little kitchen area that was out of the way of foot traffic and Howard decided to sleep there. Another jumper and I were always out at a local bar on Saturday nights drinking until all hours of the night. When we got back to the DZ we were always looking for something to eat. Into the kitchen we went rooting around in the refrigerator and a bunch of frozen peas and carrots fell out right in Howard's ear. Every time I saw him after that he always reminded me of the event.