It's almost our first birthday, so it's time to celebrate! We've got some great organizers and fun lined up--oh, and did we mention the $20 jumps (reg. $25) with no registration fee? Here's the scoop!
* Freefly/angle organizing: Jay Veenendaal, Lead Instructor of Tunnel-Rats, IBA Level 3 Trainer, USPA Coach/Tandem/
* Belly RW organizing: Chuck Akers, Spaceland-Houston chief organizer and USPA Gulf Region Director
* Aircraft: Super Twin Otter
* Performance Designs Demo Tour: Come try out that new wing you've been drooling over!!
We've had a great time jumping with you all in the Atlanta area, and we want to say thanks and hang out with you more! Let's boogie!
Here's a little more about our awesome organizers. You know you want to fly with these guys!
* Lead Instuctor of Tunnel-Rats
* Former Assistant Manager & Chief Instructor of Skydive Spaceland-Houston
* IBA Expert Pro Freeflyer/Level 3 Trainer at iFLY Houston
* USPA Coach/Tandem/AFFI/Pro/S&TA
* USPA/UPT Tandem Instructor Examiner
* USPA Coach/AFF Evaluator for TheRatingsCenter.com
* High Performance Canopy Pilot
* 7500+ skydives
* 72 Way Head Up World Record
* 2006 Discovery Channel High Altitude Jumps
Jay started skydiving at the age of 16, and he has traveled all over the U.S. skydiving, finally arriving in Houston in 2010 to start working at Skydive Spaceland full time. Although he's now an IBA level 3 trainer at iFly Houston, Jay continues to work at Skydive Spaceland to help close the gap between tunnel and sky.
* 31 years in skydiving
* 6500 jumps
* Retired AFF, TDM, S/L Instructor, former DZO
* Chief LO at SPX Houston
* USPA Gulf Region Director
* Team Leader, 2016 US Parachute Team of Formation Skydiving
The focus of Chuck-ways is on making fun, safe skydives engineered to challenge the skills of each jumper while maximizing overall group performance.