Skylark

Can I fly a wingsuit again?

I have 289 jumps.

A few years ago I completed 100 jumps in two weeks so I was very current and confident. It was then that I had my first couple of wingsuit flights under instruction.

Since then I've done another twenty or so jumps in the last two years.

I'm jumping again next week.

How many more jumps roughly will I need to do next week before I'm likely to be current to put on a wingsuit again?

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Sure but why would you want too?

Have you read what various discussions this group has been getting on about? GHEY! There are so many other skydiving disciplines were your buddy wont try to grab your crotch. Thats just wrong .

You've already done it. That can't be undone. If you insist on doing more just download the manual and read it in the closet. You will be fine, just like before. Ghey but fine.

I have 289 jumps.

A few years ago I completed 100 jumps in two weeks so I was very current and confident. It was then that I had my first couple of wingsuit flights under instruction.

Since then I've done another twenty or so jumps in the last two years.

I'm jumping again next week.

How many more jumps roughly will I need to do next week before I'm likely to be current to put on a wingsuit again?

What's your home DZ?

Speak to your CCI and any local experienced WSers. Best bet would be to get current again, then think about WS.

How many WS jumps do you have? Do you have a WS1 sticker?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

If your wingsuit flights were more comfortable than your regular skydives, then probably recurrency flight is better than recurrency jump :)

It was a case for me for jumping 4 months after trauma and 9 months break in jumps total - I found myself scared about freefall but not wingsuit flight.

If you're not sure, then I'd advise to make a bunch of jumps to practice and refresh necessary wingsuit-related skills as wave-off with legs, WS-like pull (i.e. not box position) and tracking as well.

Anyway it is like bicycle - once you can do it you wont forget how to do it.

Hi Skylark,

The answer to "how many" depends on you're own level of ability and comfort, the way in which you learn/progess let alone what the CCI is happy with and, maybe, your local WS Coach (or experienced wingsuiter).

Where are you jumping?

Do you have any evidence of your previous flights, such as a signed logbook briefing and flight de-brief?
If so, speak to that person.

Ross
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

With seemingly 75% of your skydives being non wingsuit, and the last wingsuit dives not being terribly current. Id just fid a BPA coach and get your a bit of a refresher.

If you are unsure about your ability, and have to ask. Why not just do the best possible. If you do the refresher, and make a jump with instruction/guidence and you're like "that wasnt hard" you get some good video from it for the YouTubes.
If you're like "Glad I did that" you also win.

Get a refresher/coaching. It can never hurt.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?