Butters

What is wrong with ...

Did I advocate any flying carpet?

I do tell the guy about "upsize" that there is a price of a range...

I do fly big wings, because the flock I fly with is not the range of me and my P2.

You can do you part. Be the first coming out with a WL recommendation for WS!

I don't get it? What do you mean with WL for WS? To you want to see different sizes of Wingsuits for the same hight of the person? Like a V4 with more surface for a fat pilot who is 1.85cm than a slim pilot who is 1.85? Or should a very slim pilot (for example Ludo) not fly a V4 and stay with a smaler suit like a phantom?
Do you relly think the WL of wingsuit matters? The only thing that should keep someone from jumping a big wingsuit in my opinion is his or her skills, for sure not the wl. but maybe I'm wrong...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Do you relly think the WL of wingsuit matters?

You are really funny.

I got a Phantom2. One friend of mine also can fit in. Her exit weight is ~75kg, mine is 110 Kg. What can be wing load in case of a wing suit? She flies like a leaf and I cruse like a missile.

Well, imagine a flock of Blades with slim to normal guys.

I can try to fly my Phantom2, she goes with a Stealth (I got a Stealth also). Who can make the formation and fly with it if they don't "fly the American" way? I can catch them for sure and sink below due to the slow forward speed, she can't catch and floating up and behind. B|

You are really funny.

I got a Phantom2. One friend of mine also can fit in. Her exit weight is ~75kg, mine is 110 Kg. What can be wing load in case of a wing suit? She flies like a leaf and I cruse like a missile.

I can try to fly my Phantom2, she goes with a Stealth (I got a Stealth also). Who can make the formation and fly with it if they don't "fly the American" way? I can catch them for sure and sink below due to the slow forward speed, she can't catch and floating up and behind. B|

OK, this might sound a bit arrogant, but I already regret having given the first comment on your post because now I need to answer another of your posts.
To your phantom comparison: If she flies like a leave and you like a missile and therefore you can not flock together, you both need some practice in WS flying, it has nothing (or very little) to do with the wing load.
Check out the results of base races. Feather weights like Ludo are always in the first places. The winner of the Norwegian Base race was Frode, he has about the same hight as Ludo and weights probably 1.5 times as much.
To your Phantom vs. Stealth comparison, these are different suits as you know...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

The "comfortable" range of an individual in a small wingsuit is going to be different than the same individual in a large wingsuit.

The "comfortable" range of two individuals in the same wingsuit is going to be different.

Thus, if you want to flock in the "comfortable" range than wingsuit choice matters.

PS: Every other discipline understands this and chooses their suits (and additional weight) based on this.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

You are really funny.

OK, this might sound a bit arrogant, but I already regret having given the first comment on your post because now I need to answer another of your posts.
To your phantom comparison: If she flies like a leave and you like a missile and therefore you can not flock together, you both need some practice in WS flying, it has nothing (or very little) to do with the wing load.
Check out the results of base races. Feather weights like Ludo are always in the first places. The winner of the Norwegian Base race was Frode, he has about the same hight as Ludo and weights probably 1.5 times as much.
To your Phantom vs. Stealth comparison, these are different suits as you know...

Thank you for your lesson, Sir! No further answer is needed. :P

The "comfortable" range of an individual in a small wingsuit is going to be different than the same individual in a large wingsuit.

The "comfortable" range of two individuals in the same wingsuit is going to be different.

Thus, if you want to flock in the "comfortable" range than wingsuit choice matters.

PS: Every other discipline understands this and chooses their suits (and additional weight) based on this.

I wear between 0 and 15 pounds of lead depending on who I'm jumping with and what the event involves. Just makes life easier.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I wear between 0 and 15 pounds of lead depending on who I'm jumping with and what the event involves. Just makes life easier.

Wearing lead while also wearing a larger wingsuit (S-Bird) instead of a smaller wingsuit (R-Bird or T-Bird) ... :S How many people do you know doing relative work in balloon suits with lead?

Wearing lead while also wearing a larger wingsuit (S-Bird) instead of a smaller wingsuit (R-Bird or T-Bird) ... :S How many people do you know doing relative work in balloon suits with lead?

I think it FAR more cost effective to have a $50 weight belt than several $1000+ wingsuits of different sizes.:P Spend YOUR money any way you wish.

I think it FAR more cost effective to have a $50 weight belt than several $1000+ wingsuits of different sizes.:P Spend YOUR money any way you wish.

I didn't mention anything about cost effective, I mentioned what is considered common practice in other disciplines.

I fly big camerawings for tandem/FS, often with lead. This flies differently than just using smaller wings. I like the way it flies it gives me more range - big wings if I need 'em, lead for the speed if I need it. Canopy pilots also do this, a bigger wing with lead flies differently from a smaller wing without, given the same WL. I've never tried it with wingsuits, but I can imagine it works similarly.
So there's your other disciplines.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I fly big camerawings for tandem/FS, often with lead. This flies differently than just using smaller wings. I like the way it flies it gives me more range - big wings if I need 'em, lead for the speed if I need it. Canopy pilots also do this, a bigger wing with lead flies differently from a smaller wing without, given the same WL. I've never tried it with wingsuits, but I can imagine it works similarly.

He's just trolling.

For Competitive RW -

Wear a suit that fits over the torso and eliminates flapping material for all but the biggest heavyweights. the compensate with lead to fall together comfortably.

another discipline - similar argument to dragon - there's a common/baseline performance preference that ties to suit style. Weights allow us to better keep that fit and still gives us that fine tune adjustment to stay together

though I'd suspect a camera suit fit would be more analogous to wingsuiting that FF or RW

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

though I'd suspect a camera suit fit would be more analogous to wingsuiting that FF or RW

Are people doing relative work in camera suits? No. As Kallend pointed out in another thread, the greater the weight, the greater the disturbance to the air ... if you're trying to fly in close proximity to other people it's probably best to minimize disturbance.

Are people doing relative work in camera suits? No. As Kallend pointed out in another thread, the greater the weight, the greater the disturbance to the air ... if you're trying to fly in close proximity to other people it's probably best to minimize disturbance.

OK, so fat bastards shouldn't skydive. Fine with me.

OK, so fat bastards shouldn't skydive. Fine with me.

Blah, blah, blah ... I didn't say that. I said it's probably best to minimize disturbance. Hence, it's probably best not to add weight.

PS: I understand your "strong" point is physics, not English.

Whoa, hold it lemme get this straight, you're gonna hassle the Professor for using weights with a wingsuit?

Although I haven't yet tried it myself, sooner or later I will because I'd like to play around with varying my mass and I think being skinny but massive could be fun and useful. Bet I could hit some interesting new top speeds for example.

I'd also bet the extra mass would jack up the tightness and precision of my flying in close quarters flocking since it would allow the use of more effective surface area of wing at any given fallrate. Same wingsuit higher wingload.

I think it'd feel like a small but effective engine upgrade. I'd lose a little off the bottom end minimum fallrate but accelerate downward or laterally a bit faster and with a slightly higher maximum ground speed.

Granted, the idea of using weights strikes me as oddly counter to the purpose of the wings in the first place, but if, for example it'd be handy for tuning a suit for faster falling stuff theres absolutely no logical reason why NOT to.

I'm not buying the disturbance argument. Being very light I am easily pushed around by others' disturbances from any direction. So much so that I can easily sense when there is another bird above or to my side without looking because their presence nudges me either sideways or down a bit.

And I gotta tellya, no matter HOW touchy the flock, I don't care if it was a double 5-way docked line vertical stack, the Professor weighing 10 pounds more isn't going to have the slightest detectable effect on my ability to dock on/work next to him. His general area wave is gonna be maybe ever so slightly perceptibly more energetic IF you happen to even be sensitive enough to notice it and discern that it was a little weaker without the weights.

Now, you telling me you can't deal with a flock in which theres more than Doc's weights' worth of variation?
Please. :)-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I know there was one big suit (demo from a manufacturer visiting the DZ) going against/over the tail a month or two ago in Netheravon (UK).
Know more than 3 tailstrikes, just from the last few months...bruises in most cases..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?