Butters

What is wrong with ...

Just sayin' arguing the merits of your position is more effective than taking a poke at the other guy.

I agree. However, a particular person prefers posting insults and avoiding the content, thus I'm no longer responding to them.

I chose different suit last time I needed adjustment because it was conveniently available and the common sense solution to the problem.

We're flying larger formations with larger wingsuits but not seeing a performance gain. Why? I believe it's because we're stuck on bigger is better which is being propagated to the hatchlings with the borrow (or rent) a small suit for a short period of time and then purchase a large suit philosophy instead of the purchase a small suit, learn to fly, then (if needed or desired) purchase a large suit philosophy.

I believe the idea of adding weight plays into the idea that it's easier to buy a large suit, add weight, and fall faster then buy a small suit, learn to fly, and fall slower.

PS: Take a look at the "Could you backfly before upsizing?" thread. There are plenty who are upsizing to a new suit before they can even fly the suit they have ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

We're flying larger formations with larger wingsuits but not seeing a performance gain. Why? I believe it's because we're stuck on bigger is better which is being propagated to the hatchlings with the borrow (or rent) a small suit for a short period of time and then purchase a large suit philosophy instead of the purchase a small suit, learn to fly, then (if needed or desired) purchase a large suit philosophy.

Could not have said it any better...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Just sayin' arguing the merits of your position is more effective than taking a poke at the other guy.

I agree. However, a particular person prefers posting insults and avoiding the content, thus I'm no longer responding to them.

I chose different suit last time I needed adjustment because it was conveniently available and the common sense solution to the problem.

We're flying larger formations with larger wingsuits but not seeing a performance gain. Why? .

Why? Maybe you should buy more jumps instead of more suits.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Its a shame few people can look at facts, but instead make this whole thing about personal issues and their own suit choice...

If the only way you can fly tight formations is by plummeting towards the ground at 80+ mph, shame on you.

I can do that in my RW suit. I started wingsuiting to fly, not to plummet.

Big guy in X is a lot more wake than Doc in any suit with or without weights.

-B

But Brian, the law of conservation of energy doesn't apply to Jarno or Butters. In their reality, physics is irrelevant.

We're flying larger formations with larger wingsuits but not seeing a performance gain. Why? .

Why? Maybe you should buy more jumps instead of more suits.

What formations have you been in which demonstrate greater forward performance than earlier formations in wingsuiting?

But Brian, the law of conservation of energy doesn't apply to Jarno or Butters. In their reality, physics is irrelevant.

A person (you) wearing additional weight will cause a greater disturbance than a person (you) not wearing additional weight. A larger surface area will distribute the disturbance over a larger area. I never disputed this ...

Now can you make a comment that isn't an insult, an implication that I'm trying to sell you something (I'm not a dealer), or that even with additional weight you cause less disturbance than other "fat bastards" (I'm not comparing you to others).

PS: Can you backfly?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Nice picture attached of a wingsuit formation flown in close proximity with docks. See how they dealt with those pesky wings that make things so difficult for you.

And look how nice and straight their legs are. They must really be hauling ass horizontally. Zooooom.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

If the only way you can fly tight formations is by plummeting towards the ground at 80+ mph, shame on you.

YOU where the one complaining about flying at 80 mph.
We fly suits half the size you do, and somehow fly 1/3 to almost half what you mentioned there. Also no clue where you got the 80 mph figure, besides you mentioned that a while ago as well.

In their reality, physics is irrelevant.

We are not talking about weights. We are talking about ANY big carpet flown suboptimal (in 99% of all flocks) with a wake twice the size of any normal sized suit.
Shame you're incapable of intelligent discussion on that subject without going into pissy insults about suit sales, weird repeated statements on laws of physics that even you seem to miss half of (again, answer the question posted) and god knows what.

More proof attached!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?