Butters

What is wrong with ...

... this?

Edit: Removed "coaching".

I saw it before it went away...was there coaching going on? Maybe there was a lot of ground time spent, and that can't be seen in the air.
Suit looked too large for the apparent experience level, or maybe it was just highly turbulent air.:P

At least she did a solid wave off, there are a few coaches that teach "wave offs are not necessary until you start flying in flocks."

... this?

Edit: Removed "coaching".

I saw it before it went away...was there coaching going on?
Suit looked too large for the apparent experience level, or maybe it was just highly turbulent air.:P

Also, you guessed what was wrong ... at least in my opinion.

Edit: Removed "coaching" again.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

It was mislabeled, there was no coaching

How would you know?
Someone briefed, and video-ed for feedback on body position afterward sounds like coaching? Just not first flight coaching.

But agreed, at the 20ish jumps she has, that Ghost2 was not the most recommendable suit in terms of learning/progressing quicker.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think the jump went offline, as the person giving her some tips on flying didnt want to turn a jump she didnt upload herself, turn into a big thread of critique.

But related to the buffeting/rocking in her Ghost2, I dont think a low WL was the cause. Overcorrection, and not maintaining a relaxed body position probably lead to that...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Is there connection between the "fly like a leaf" and low WL/to big wings?

Or is that just over-correction?

Big suits for low-timers are all the rage these days.

Big suits give big dicks to people with low skills...everyone knows this.
3 tailstrikes this year, god knows how many we haven't heard about, and how many close calls there have been.

Is there connection between the "fly like a leaf" and low WL/to big wings?

Or is that just over-correction?

Big suits for low-timers are all the rage these days.

Big suits give big dicks to people with low skills...everyone knows this.
3 tailstrikes this year, god knows how many we haven't heard about, and how many close calls there have been.

How can you stop people buying the suit of their life?
I feel sad about the death of Ghost2. There is nothing in its class from Phoenix-Fly. My friend of mine is most likely going to but a Ghost3 after some jumps on a Firebird.

How can you stop the trend of skinny guys buying the suit with the biggest surface?
I fly X these day, but I'm in size X.

There is nothing in its class from Phoenix-Fly

Is there....;):P
Patience my friend..

You could fly a size smaller, and still fly fine....it would improve flying accuracy/agility a lot...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

true dat, The Ghost2 should be continued. A really cool intermediate between Phantom class and Carpet class

What about a size and class of suit between Phantom 2 and V4? There was at least one other request for something bigger than P2, same style of suit but more surface just at our DZ.

true dat, The Ghost2 should be continued. A really cool intermediate between Phantom class and Carpet class

What about a size and class of suit between Phantom 2 and V4? There was at least one other request for something bigger than P2, same style of suit but more surface just at our DZ.

Oh, Ghost2? B|

How can you stop the trend of skinny guys buying the suit with the biggest surface?

Did you -start- in size X? Or learn to fly your body first?

This weekend, had a person show up for Chicks Rock; 30 WS jumps and 25 of them in a very large suit. Very large guy. We did two small group jumps with him during the boogie, and for safety reasons, he was given options;
~fly solo from a Skyvan.
~put on a smaller suit that he could manage.
~not jump a wingsuit during the boogie.

Aside from 2 very near-to-tail exits, he was washy, up/down, and couldn't slow himself with stability. We see this sort of "progression" all the time.

Even in his big suit, he could not stay with larger guys in P2's, constantly sinking, washing, jetting forward and stalling....all typical behaviors of people who don't take the time to understand body positions and learn how to fly small suits. The person that destroyed my ear didn't know how to stop, and was flying a suit beyond his range at the time.

Canopy manufacturers ain't dumb by suggesting wingloadings and aspect ratios at given experience levels. They know people will progress. Manufacturers can take a page from their playbook, IMO.

Either way....falling like a leaf in too-large suits seems to be the rage, complete with potato chipping and instability. Makes it no fun to fly with low-skill people hoping to rely on their suits to compensate for a lack of knowledge/skill.

I've asked for the same thing ... something with the ergonomics of a Phantom 2z but between a Phantom 2z and Vampire 3 in size. However, Robbie (and the other designers, testers, ...) fly more than I do (and have a business to run) so it will take more than a couple of us to make it worth it to produce.

Agree completely with both of you. But please let us not blame Jarno, wingsuitnews.com for this. He just posts cool stuff onto the site.

We're not blaming Jarno.

Plus: I still know about some DZs doing short ground school and sending their FFC students up in the air on their own...

What does this have to do with the thread?

I've asked for the same thing ... something with the ergonomics of a Phantom 2z but between a Phantom 2z and Vampire 3 in size. However, Robbie (and the other designers, testers, ...) fly more than I do (and have a business to run) so it will take more than a couple of us to make it worth it to produce.

About 170 jumps on the P2 and 20 on the G3: That's what we need!! Robi, Jarno and PF team???

You can do you part. Be the first coming out with a WL recommendation for WS!

I did/have, about a year ago...got lots of chuckles and complaints, negative commentary. It's still around somewhere.
The "target" or ring model I used wasn't the best depiction, but no one has offered a better answer. I'm all-ears on a better solution.

That definitely makes sense. But it is our job to ask anyway :D.