mccordia

US Performance Competition - Acro Invitational (November 2011)

Hi everyone, Im happy to announce that Skydive Elsinore will be host to the US Performance Cup, coming November (Nov 4-6).
Robert Pecnik, Douglas Spotted Eagle and myself will be flying as well as judging the competition using FlySight Units.

The competition is a great oppertunity to improve your flying with the audio feedback the unit gives (bring a pair of headphones), and Robert Pecnik of course will also be open to those who want to pick his brains on performance flying or do a 1 on 1 jump.

There will be 2 catagories in which you can enter, Intermediate (Smaller suits) and Open Class (Larger suits). There will be 2 diciplines (speed and distance) for which you both need to make 2 jumps each (with a maximum of 5, best 2 count). So only 4 jumps and you're in the competition already. The competition altitude is the current 1km freefall as used in other competitions such as Marl, Gransee etc (from 3-2 km).

For more information, check the event page on facebook

The week after (Nov 10-13) Spot and I wil be organizing multipoint flock, with lots of fun flying of various (small!) stacked, flat, rotating and backflying formations. So if you're a flyer with good tight flocking skills, and you're looking to do some challenging dives, for sure...drop by!

The weekdays in between (Nov 7-9) we wil also be available for 1 on 1 coaching and funjumps on backflying, docks, acro, formation flying for those wanting to play!

disclaimer: Some briefings may be in a funny Dutch or Croatian accent....:S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hmmm...
Missed you at Gransee, Jarno. Had a blast... great people there. Fierce comp... lotta X's and Apaches, and some of Robi's more monstrous creations.
Can't guarantee it, but I might have a whack at attending this.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I was hoping to be at Gransee, but I had just taken a 3,5 week leave from work the days before and sadly couldnt extend that with another week. Sadly I also have to earn a bit of money with an actual job somewhere in between all the fun at boogies and competitions (Its either that that or robing a bankB|). Im already at around 7 weeks of holiday this year, and going away for another trip next week, than this one in November, and most likely something in December as well:P

While you where having fun at Gransee, I was pushing pixels[:/]
But hope to see you at Elsinore!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

but you forgot to mention Robi Pecnik will also be doing some coaching for those that want to work with Robi.

Thought I did::P

Robert Pecnik of course will also be open to those who want to pick his brains on performance flying or do a 1 on 1 jump.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Im planning to arrive a day or so before the competition starts. Aside from the performance flying, the biggest interest/focus wil be organizing some challenging multipoint flocks with DSE, Robi and myself.

This is also the type of event we want to more push for the future. Not the same bigway static flying stuff again and again.

At the moment Im also looking at most likely not attending Zflock, but actually trying to set up a US version of the Artistic Competition at Elsinore with Spot/Robi for sometime start/mid-season next year. All just in the phase of throwing around ideas, but doing something different from the past years....

More as we brainstorm allong..:)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

How are "smaller" and "larger" going to be defined?

On the Posting of the event I saw it was noted as follows:

Two Classes:
***Intermediate Class (for smaller suits)
Phantom
Ghost 2
S-series
T-Bird
FYB
Etc

***Open Class (Large suits
Ghost 3 or larger

Looks like a fun event and still seeing if I can arrange my schedule but hoping to make it. Nice to see one of these set up in the states....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

S-series? Guess that is the bird-man S series. So V1, V2, V3 and V4 are open class? V1 and V2 are not that much bigger than s3.

Maybe Spot or Jarno can provide for a more complete listing of the suits they are considering for the two categories.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

The past competition in Gransee had similar catagories.

With roughly 100's models around if in all shapes and sizes, its difficult to pin each one in an exact category. For the suits that are in between both categories (which is roughly what we have the Ghost3 and similar sized suits as a guide for, in terms of what suits to to the bigsuit/carpet range) we will offer people a choice as to which exact category they want to be in if its realy undecided.

In general, we're using the wingsize/wingroot not reaching the lower leg as a guide. But for sure, we will have a few cases where its going to take some open and joint figuring out which suit goes where. We'll try and post a more complete list soon...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Invitational is a bit of a big word in this case, but everyone will be put in groups that are for their experience levels.
So vertical formations will not have people with 15 wingsuit jumps in them, and back flying groups wont have people that are 'trying to backfly' etc.

We're planning on doing dives similar to these among other things
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

fun how we're getting inquiries from all over the globe, and a couple BASE people asking if they can jump BASE gear from an aircraft.

Word of advice to those flying an Apache; if you don't have your handles exposed, and can be pulled with the proper minimum forces, you won't be allowed to compete. The "I'll unzip my suit in case of a malfucktion" concept won't fly at this event.