KrisFlyZ

wingsuit colors and brand -you.

Ok, so I was chatting with the local dz wingsuit crowd and the topic of the colors I chose for my on order wingsuits... v4(Navy and Orange--my favourite ones in the Indian flag) and p2(black and orange) came up.

Purple Mike immediately pointed out that I need to be consistent with my color choices otherwise people will not recognize me from my
pictures. It is not such a big concern to me.

Do you care about Brand-you? Are all your wingsuits the same colors?

Not really. I prefer to distinguish 'Brand-me' by the actual flying of the suit (which is captured better in memories not photos) rather than suit colors.
Congrats on having your order accepted.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Purple Mike immediately pointed out that I need to be consistent with my color choices otherwise people will not recognize me from my
pictures. It is not such a big concern to me.

I change suit colors between dirtdive and the jump, so nobody can figure out who is fucking up the formation :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

mine are all blue/yellow. That way when I screw up, folks think its Monkey or Rick H.
If I put a student in blue/yellow, folks think it's me anyway. Consistency contributes to confusion.
Then there are those Ill Vision guys...you never know WHO is WHO in all that purple.

Noooo, I am not so brand-me. Just switched from 'my colors' red-black to orange-white.

...red is not well visible on videos. ;)

Really? I thought the best suit in our flock ...I am the guy flying video. I think that Adrian's red and white (leading edges...v2) suit looks really nice in pics and video. Brian tried my Orange and black V3 last week and I videoed it. The color was running in the video...atleast at 720p with the go pro.

Noooo, I am not so brand-me. Just switched from 'my colors' red-black to orange-white.

...red is not well visible on videos. ;)

Really? I thought the best suit in our flock ...I am the guy flying video. I think that Adrian's red and white (leading edges...v2) suit looks really nice in pics and video. Brian tried my Orange and black V3 last week and I videoed it. The color was running in the video...atleast at 720p with the go pro.

Orange and yellow pops on video. ;) I've noticed a couple more people switching to orange and yellow ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Yeah it also helps to have your own personal camera man. If you are the only one in the videos of course the colors will pop off the screen.

;)

To INDEPENDENT camera guys everywhere!

:D

Shouldn't you be doing video, I'm not paying you to talk. Actually, I'm not paying you at all. :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The answer is "Oh YES!"

Shiny snickers to match wingsuit plus model being called "Sky Speed 2"

New container (for me) yet to be jumped to match wingsuit

Starting to a bit more consistent in wearing my brand T-Shirt or one to match the wingsuit colors

And hoping Santa will get me a suitably colored canopy let alone dreaming about a new WS model possibly on the horizon in Electric Blue & White!!

Gecko
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com