sky-pimp

birdman firebird manual ??

What info are you looking for? How to lace the suit up?

Have you had an FFC yet? That should be covered as part of the course. As should flying it.

If you need any help, depending on where you are in the country, give me a shout and i'll talk you through it :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Macca,

The issue is how the cutaway handles are stowed on the suit.

The handle has a stiffened tuck tab and slot/pocket on the suit body and it was MY query about tucking the tab in from the top or the bottom. Hence, my suggestion to Sky-Pimp to see if there was a manual out there somewhere.

When tucked in from the top, you then need to do an upward movement to free the handle before pulling down to cut-a-way the wings. When tucked in from the bottom, the handle was already starting to slip out whilst moving around on the ground and the cables starting to also slip down.

Ross
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

Those type of handles always seemed to loosen/slip on blades/firebirds.
Though stifner etc helps a bit, best is a simple velcro patch to stow it properly, so it doesnt unexpectedly pop out.

If the bootie doesnt have the simple snap, but the fabric 'get in the way' bit, also replace it. You dont want an open legwing mid front/back transition, or during a barrelroll.
These 2 problems whete sadly never adressed during the final (pre-jeans) days of birdman, even though many people (including members of the 'factory team') mentioned/asked...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It tucks in from the top.

As Jarno mentioned though, that system was never great. A rigger should be able to make a simple velcro mod to make it stay put better.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

It tucks in from the top.

As Jarno mentioned though, that system was never great. A rigger should be able to make a simple velcro mod to make it stay put better.

What they said. I always added another piece of plastic stiffner to the backs of all of those handles to keep them in that slot, but adding a bit velcro is a big help, even then.