cassiewoofer

Corliss grinding the crack... wingsuit type?

Hello I'm a Newbie, Paraglider pilot fascinated by base/WS flying with a question,

Does anyone know what wingsuit jeb's flying when grinding the crack.... and what sort of L/D can be achieved?
Max and sustainable L/D (or glide ratio)?

I think it's the first one I've seen that has a rectangular shape.... with side panels between the hands and feet! (if that's the right terminology!)
There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin)

I am jumping an apache X and here is the GPS data from the crack jump. I have done the flight through the crack 13 times now 6 of them with GPS and all the GPS data has said pretty much the exact same thing. You decide what it says for your self.

You decide what it says for your self.

It says that after a dive, the transient L/D is between 3 and 4. This is not the same thing as saying I am flying 3:1 L/D. If that were the case, what normiss said wouldn't be funny as some of Tony's logs from the wing suit competition show nearly 7:1 transients(posting from memory...so I may be off a little) on entry into the competition altitude after the high speed dive.

If someone is flying 3:1 L/D, it means the following.

If there was a cliff with about 150m vertical followed by a 3:1 slope until deployment altitude when the slope disappears. Jumping from this cliff in completely still air(and when there are no thermals) and deploying at the designated altitude means that the L/D of the people that survive is at least 3:1.

Oh dear.... seem to have re-opened a can here!
Anyway... sorry for that and thanks for the replies, (esp Jeb) I did find the Tony Suits Apache, but not L/D info, which is (obviously) pilot/flight time/weather/temperature/dewpoint etc etc dependent.
The Impressive thing about that jump or flight is the way Corliss seems to pull up to clear the edge or start of the crack.
I was wondering if he felt in control at all times or there was any 'Oh No' moment. You can certainly understand the guy diving out the way.... to him he was directly in the trajectory until a second or so before.
And where was that bird hiding, or did one of jebs mates (or enemies!) release it just out of shot.

There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin)

removed like the post being referred too

That is a bit of a stretch to get to that point you obviously wanted to make in this thread...... Going from a thread about flying the crack and the suit used to that is what is confusing [:/]

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"