BIRDDOCTOR

Vampire 4 FlySight Run

Link: http://www.paralog.net/ppc/showtrack.php?trackid=904

Dear BIRDDOCTOR,

the wind on the altitude (forward speed) kick you to 3,0 :P
Elsewise, the fallrate could be better.

My special proposal for you: go in August to Europa for "Hungarian Competition" (10-14 August) or "Wings over Gransee" (26-28 August) and show your really performance at the same weather conditions with others in fair contest.
1st place at "Wings over Gransee" and yours flight to Europa is for free (1000 Euro prize money).

Thank's guys:) That was only the 12th jump on a V4. I have alot more to learn to fly this suit to my best ability. I was nice to have leg mount video to see what I did when the glide ratio decreased. I'm excited to take the info from my video and see if I can sustain the higher glide ratio over the whole jump.
Base# 1638

Sadly weather didnt cooperate for full-altitude jumps with my FlySight, but did get to have some V4 fun on a last hop&pop at the end of the day, exiting just below cloud ceiling.

Check it outB|

YouTube

In this regard, I remember on one full-altitude jump in 2010 with Alejandro and Costyn in Spa at more or less same weather conditions :P
Link: http://www.wingsuitnews.com/2010/08/wingsuits-in-mist.html

P.S. In Zwartberg we had last sunday nice day with full-altitude jumps and cloudless sky late afternoon B|

Dove for the cloud/relaxed at the end. From 8000 ft I lost some glide ratio from making small adjustment to see how the suit would react. I can't wait to make another run to see if I can sustain the 3+ GR. The suit is very easy to fly with minimal pressure on your arms/shoulders. Almost like the phantom 2. So, my arms never tired. I jumped an S-bird this past weekend when I switched with a friend letting him try my V4 and noted the S-Bird had much more strain on my arms.

Jarno, just kicked may ass in his V4 (check out his run on the Paralog Competition Site). This is going to get fun:)
Base# 1638

Without information on the wind, GR is not very meaningful.

Paralog allows for compensation for wind, allowing users to input wind direction/speed.

"No database rows found for this query, sorry!"

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Without information on the wind, GR is not very meaningful.

Paralog allows for compensation for wind, allowing users to input wind direction/speed.

"No database rows found for this query, sorry!"

When you download data from the Flysight, Paralog allows you to set wind data. May or may not be accurate, but it does allow users to specify wind direction/speed.
Given the exemplary scores that came from Gransee, it's probably a fair bet to say winds were in everyone's favor, but that the winds were likely not accounted for when downloading the jumps.

And Frode cleaned up the World Base Race in the V4!
Congrats on winning every heat AND smashing the track record!

All Vampire podiuml...B|

What is with another manufacturer/models - no participants, disqualification (e.g. no cut-away for zippers) or just bad results?

And Frode cleaned up the World Base Race in the V4!
Congrats on winning every heat AND smashing the track record!

All Vampire podiuml...B|

What is with another manufacturer/models - no participants, disqualification (e.g. no cut-away for zippers) or just bad results?

Correct me if im wrong here but i believe its open to all suits this year... Cutaways no longer required allow all the Tony suits in.

Frode was flying his v3 and kicked ass , there were x2s in the competition also Tony was there flying his fusion but outside the comp ( not enough BASE jumps ) posting good times but not comparable to Frode and Ronny etc.

Yes, V3 is really fast wingsuit-roket! V4 have more drag and slower than V3, because of more fabric.
Just see on Paralog-page in "Speed Competition", all first places are for V3s http://www.paralog.net/ppc/showspeedcomp.php

Let us see updated results for V4 at "Wings over Gransee" this year!

With most people only just starting to fly the V4, its similar to Apache, Manta results etc. in Paralog PPC. Few people are jumping it, so not many scores yet.

But V4 speeds (on basejumps I edit) show exactly the same timing/speed in terms of flight speed as the V3 jumps. Only higher lines.

Compared to the Venom, there is a noticable difference in higher forward speed.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?