jonmurrell

Venom Wingsuit :)

• Inlet design
  • Stretch Sleeve design
  • Functional Cutaway System
  • Legwing/Armwing shape and width/thickness

Its closer to the Stealth2 than it is to the Xbird.
    Flying the V compared to X also differs quite a bit. Several basejumpers tested both suits against eachother a few weeks back and found the fwd speed on the Venom a bit quicker and handling/steering a tad easier, glide seemed to roughly be the same. And than opted to buy another brand clearly copied from both for the cheaper price:D
    That said, everyone will like another suit for what it brings to their flying. Fly what you like, fly what fits your flying style (or wallet:$)

Even two suits fully flying within the same flight envelope by different manufacturers can offer different style, fit, safety features or otherwise that may make one choose a certain model or brand over another.

Try and focus on the unique aspects of each suit, instead of this eternal 'one copies the other' discussion...
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

The spandex sleeve makes the cuffs look short, the armwing isn't too small at all. I've got an ~83" wingspan, and the suit is very close.

I haven't flown this suit yet, but it's got much thinner wings than the x-birds I've seen/flown and it's noticeably lighter as well.
    This isn't flying, its falling with style.

Ed did well in his Venom. I think he coulda gone further. Glad he deployed when he did; landing area is 1,093' higher than the DZ.
    I'm not sure Ed's is a shipping model? It's different than my prototype for sure.

Ha! I remember a couple guys getting early some years ago, over the mountain-y area just North of where the deployment was in this photo. No light or anything. They just brain-farted -- opened the door and went. They still pitched at their usual altitudes. Needless to say, they had short canopy rides and some stern review.

Did two jumps on the Venom (mostly backflying and swooping puffy clouds) and I'm hooked. It's very fast and glides well which is a nice surprise, I was expecting more slow and floaty.

Once my arms stop trying to fly a vampire I'll be set. I can't wait to put more jumps on it when I get back.

Edit to add the gps graph
    This isn't flying, its falling with style.