even

Wingload on canopy for WS flying

There really is not a maximum canopy wingloading for wingsuit flying. However, it is advised to fly a canopy that flies well in line twist.
That being said, I use to fly a VX109 loaded at 2:2 to 1(this is not advisable to do) for about 200 wingsuit jumps. I would pull higher to give more cushion if an issue would arrise. After realizing I was always leaving a good 1000 AGL before anyone else in formations I have since change to a more docil canopy Sabre 1 135 loaded at 1.85 to 1 so I can fly the entire skydive.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

Jut to get in before everyone else, if your profile is correct, and those are skydive numbers, you really need to wait a few more jumps to start WS :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

As TheCaptain says, not so much WLing, but canopy design/type is more important. I fly a Spectre120 loaded at around 1.6/1.7 but wouldnt put something like a stiletto120 or Katana120 on my back.

Hello there!
Just a question-opinion..:-)
I am jumping my stiletto loaded 1:1,2 with my sfly expert..
Is it so dangerous?
Also I have an RDS (only the slider) and the openings are very smooth with long snivel...and ALWAYS on heading..
I have almost 10 wingsuit jumps and almost 170 with the stiletto...I feel very comfortable with this canopy and I don't want to sell it...
What is your opinion about that?

You use a removable slider, with a Stiletto at 1,2 wl?:S

It's not only meant for swooping, but could also be utilized by the fact that it takes less time in the sky to remove and shove in your shirt than in would be to collapse and pull down your slider and keep it tucked down with a magnet or ball.

Less time dealing with slider = more time being able to deal with potential traffic in the general vicinity :)
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

I jumped an s-fly for a while, never with an eliptical canopy mind you, but I think I would be comfortable jumping any canopy with an s-fly that I was also comfortable jumping without a Ws. I always cut away the armwings on deployment, which on an s-fly results in being able to grab risers just about as soon as you could had you not been wearing a wingsuit. I found it easy to deploy symetrically and react to my canopy deployment just as though I was tracking. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you are comfortable jumping a canopy without a wingsuit, jumping it with a suit like an s-fly should not pose any aditional problems as long as you are comfortable cutting your wings away on every jump. Y'all can take that with a grain of salt though, I've never jumped anything resembling a high performance canopy.

I jumped an s-fly for a while, never with an eliptical canopy mind you, but I think I would be comfortable jumping any canopy with an s-fly that I was also comfortable jumping without a Ws. I always cut away the armwings on deployment, which on an s-fly results in being able to grab risers just about as soon as you could had you not been wearing a wingsuit.

It doesn't matter what you do after pitching. The body position, bag extraction angle and how it interacts with the bottom of the container, and burbles are all different on wing suit jumps.

You want to consider yourself a canopy test jumper when using a wing suit and avoid any canopies that are going to behave poorly when things go weird, notably elliptical ones.

People who had no issues for hundreds of elliptical non-wing suit jumps have a disproportionate number of problems once they add wing suits and it's been my experience that this is more common than not.

A Stiletto may be worse than other ellipticals (newer PD designs were made less sensitive to control inputs because John LeBlanc observed too many jumpers having roll-axis stability issues on landing).

For example,

[url]http://www.justskydivers.com/videos/1/210/wingsuit-malfunction-w-stilletto-135-2nd-in-2-jump[/urL]

I found it easy to deploy symetrically and react to my canopy deployment just as though I was tracking. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you are comfortable jumping a canopy without a wingsuit, jumping it with a suit like an s-fly should not pose any aditional problems as long as you are comfortable cutting your wings away on every jump.

In practice it doesn't work that way.

I figured that out with my Batwing 134 and pulled a Monarch 135 out of my gear closet after the first cutaway. A friend didn't take my advice until he chopped a few Samurais and got a Spectre. Another friend chopped a Vengeance. I lost count after a while.

Some elliptical/suit/pilot combinations seem to work but the odds are not in favor of ellipticals and wing suits at the same time.

Hi!
First of all,like the other guy said,the RDS is not only for swooping..
I am also camera man for tandems in my DZ and in of the tandems the slider stuck with my camera somehow and I wasn't able to look around..With the RDS I just pull the slider.

Now about the WS and the stiletto....I never had this kind of openings,(according the link) with or without the RDS.
Maybe the wing load is one reason..except the body position,the time of pull the pilotchute etc..
I always stop the flying with the wingsuit and I freefall for 500-700 ft..
Like I said with the RDS the openings are ALWAYS soft and on heading..I have a lot of videos to upload..
Here is my first jump with the s-fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLXEWC57nes
Also I had some terrible openings with pilot,spectre,sabre2...
i can't compare my stiletto with those openings..
Also I am the only WS skydiver in my country-DZ so I don't have to worry for other skydivers in the air..

You will get line twists when you fly a wingsuit, moreso than usual because you can hold onto the risers through an opening. If your body position is uneven while the line twists form, you will induce a turn. If your canopy doesn't go into a fast spiral with uneven line twists, you're golden.

However, I've never seen a Stiletto *not* spiral with uneven line twists in a wingsuit and have witnessed numerous reserve rides because of it.

I wouldn't advise against flying a wingsuit with a Stiletto.

I have not jump Stiletto, but I jump a Cobalt @ WL 1.8+.
Because of the low airspeed on opening and the design may be mine opening with closed end-cells: 1,2 or sometime even 4 of them. I got only one line twist I cut away. Cause: crappy opening position, do not open if you have a bank....;)

Sure you can jump whatever what you are comfortable with, but not for your first jumps and not if I give you FFC.B|