mcfli

Advise

Hallo everyone,

I am new wingsuiter and am curious about what to do when it comes to ordering new suit. I have 70 jumps on P2 and am ready to order Venom based on advice from experienced flier. Question is...Shall I order Venom, or V4?

Hallo everyone,

I am new wingsuiter and am curious about what to do when it comes to ordering new suit. I have 70 jumps on P2 and am ready to order Venom based on advice from experienced flier. Question is...Shall I order Venom, or V4?

Ghost3?

I would advise you to put more jump on your P2. This wingsuit have a huge margin of evolution and from my experience can fly with any actual wingsuit in flocking jumps.

But if you really want to "upgrade" and stay in skydiving environment I would go for the Ghost. It's what I'm flying but I still love to put on my P2 time to time.
Fly better or die tryin`

Straight Fucking Edge !

My Advice is to fill out your profile so you don't look like a troll and bitch slap the "experienced flier"

You should have more experience on the P2 before buying a bigger suit. Why do you feel you need a bigger suit?

To advise you better on what suit would be best people would need to know your height, weight and type of flying you will mainly be doing, flocking, solos, competition, camera, BASE etc.

Neither of the two you mentioned are a good choice for your experience, the Ghost 3 may be an ok idea, depending on the answers to the above and assuming that if you ordered you'd have more jumps on the P2 by the time you started jumping it.

The best idea is to save the money and spend it on jumps and some coaching for now.

Hallo everyone,

70 jumps on a Phantom2 and you're ready for a Venom/V4????
Who told you that??

Hallo everyone,

70 jumps on a Phantom2 and you're ready for a Venom/V4????
Who told you that??

Try to imagine when you got the smallest surface suit around and in case of a flock you got no range, others are just flying around you.......

Unless you're someone who's short and heavy, I dont think that should ever be an issue?

This whole video was filmed flying a shadow/phantom, flying with suits in all ranges, sizes and people light and heavy both on belly and back.

Learning to fly a mid range suit better would improve a lot of peoples skills in big suits ten-fold.
Getting a lot of experience there will for sure not hurt if (not when) upsizing (which is not always upgrading) to bigger suits.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Mcfli,

You're not going to get anyone on this forum recommending someone not adhere to a manufacturer’s recommendations. That said in every sport you get the Whizz Kids who are able to progress faster than others, which "can be" great. I know from personal experience, and witnessed elsewhere, that best will in the world, one friend's opinion is not always spot on "in a negative sense". No disrespect to your buddy.

However, there is also that possibility of cracking out +100 WS jumps in the 2-4 months, whilst you have a suit on order, but your reasons for ordering may change!!

Can you answer, to yourself, why you want a bigger suit, what sort of flying you do the most (flock/solo/performance/BASE), what sort of flying do you want to do?

I have 1 jump on each of the Stealth II, Ghost 3, Venom and Vampire 4 (which is no way enough to understand the suits) and none disappointed.

The V4 is certainly the quickest and pull felt easier perhaps but I’d already jumped the Ghost and the Venom at that point. Think about giving a piggy back ride to an inflatable doll….lol… i.e. to have to reach around an inflated tube to get to your pilot chute. The bigger suits have a direct hand to leg/foot connection so from what I gather you need to fly less with your arms and more with your legs. You can practice this in the Phantom 2 but the bigger suits will feel twitchy for the first X jumps.

I’ve flown a smaller wing next to 3 out of the 4 and it all comes down to the skill of both pilots. Just have fun getting out there and flying your suit with as many different people, in as many different places as possible, in my opinion.

Blue Skies & Soft Landings,
Ross

Edits in "...."
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com