Ronaldo

Booties mod for bigger suits

Hi folks,
I would like to share a quick mod I made on my suit. This mod may help other jumpers using suits that were originally made for slightly taller persons. As I’m on the shorter side of the height range I wasn’t being able to fully tension my SFLY Expert in flight. To fix this I sewed an elastic pocket inside the booties and added 2 rubber pads. These pads added a little over ¾”’ to my height and made a huge difference in flight!
Safe flights
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Hi folks,
I would like to share a quick mod I made on my suit. This mod may help other jumpers using suits that were originally made for slightly taller persons. As I’m on the shorter side of the height range I wasn’t being able to fully tension my SFLY Expert in flight. To fix this I sewed an elastic pocket inside the booties and added 2 rubber pads. These pads added a little over ¾”’ to my height and made a huge difference in flight!
Safe flights

Bad move, IMO. Have seen two people become unstable in the door using "wedges" in the bootie, one of them nearly hit the tail twice.

For temporary/borrowing a suit and static exits, this might be fine...but I would caution against using this as a permanent solution.
Cut the bootie, get it sized appropriately

Ronaldo,

the best way to shorten the booties on your Sfly Expert is to make an S-fold and stitch it (see attached picture). It also makes it easy to get the suit back to its original length if you need to sell it

-- Sylvain

+1 B|
Patrick de Guillebon