Jamesmap2

wingsuiting in 10 years

we will jump GiselleSuits, 7m wingspan. We will flap our wings and land on branches.

:D

My guess: in 10 years we'll have one more brand of suit (no different than the others) to argue about on the internet.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'll have one that does dishes!
It'll be made of internet!
Runs on kryptonite!
And yes, it'll have baling wire and carbonfuckingfiber,
plus a nifty new flavor crystal formula with all the chocolaty goodness and twice the calories.

-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

in reply to "what do you think wingsuiting will be like in 10 years
popularity
technology
competitions "

It'll still be popular .
The technology will blow us away.
Who knows?... wingsuits may even have their very own spar by then.
:)

I remember seeing some sort of material in a science forum somewhere that becomes firm when charged with electrostatic pulse or sth ridiculous.

To better visualize think of a limp rope but with a push of a button or sth becomes stiff as wood. Now apply that to the wings of the suit along with some curvature now the pilot won't be as fatigued when BASE jumping and maintaining full flight when desired.

So in that conclusion I foresee future wingsuits implemented with this device/material with the push of a button somehow? :)

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

...I hope Phoenix-fly come up with winged-suit that have zippers that don't fail on every jump I think...

Hi Moberta,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have an issue with your suit, please contact me [email protected] - so that we can look to make things right.

Thanks

Macca
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

If you have an issue with your suit, please contact me so that we can look to make things right.

I have several issues with my suit... Nobody believes me it is a Ghost 2... But that's what's embroidered on the right arm :|
Also how can I get her to reproduce, and make baby Phantoms and V4's and venoms ? >:(
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If you have an issue with your suit, please contact me so that we can look to make things right.

I have several issues with my suit... Nobody believes me it is a Ghost 2... But that's what's embroidered on the right arm :|
Also how can I get her to reproduce, and make baby Phantoms and V4's and venoms ? >:(

you need a SECOND suit for it to reproduce! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Oh shit... I left my S-Bird alone with the Hardcase. I think that means I'll find a HardBird in my gearbag one of these days... How long does it take a new suit to hatch anyway?
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

in reply to "..... I foresee future wingsuits implemented with this device/material with the push of a button somehow? "

Been wondering if ram-air wingsuits would benefit from pilot-controllable variable inlets that would allow adjustment of the inlet without closing the wings. ie by squeezing a hand operated lever to open them up a bit., or close them a bit to drop internal pressure.

Not sure if there would be a practical use for this idea, might be handy in a flare to open the inlets up a bit to maintain pressure at the lowering speed.??
... future wingsuits may allow us to alter suit pressure on the fly.