Titanium_Gecko

My New Suit

A bit of feedback, in no particular order (after 7 solos):

1/
The suit is physically heavier and better made than my 2009 Expert, in my opinion. It has rear vents (arms, leg wing AND hips), over-the-shoulder rigging zips and reverse/quick-release arm zips for the cutaway. I think all these go to making it look and feel quick and powerful.

2/
Hip vents, which are quite a unique feature from my experience, seem to help pressurise the outside of the legs and bottom of the arm wings.

3/
The design around the cut-a-way pads and laterals is much more secure and rugged; holding the pads out all the time and more space for lateral movement. Rigging zip starts 3-4" below the pads and runs up underneath the should straps of the rig, over the shoulder and down the back with the other end of the zip below the laterals. The 2 zippers are then linked together to great moveable hole.

4/
The single diagonal neck-to-toe zip and single hip-to-other-toe zip make it fractionally more difficult to put on. However, I think that is something I will get used to after another weekend of jumping.

5/
The suit material is like a plastic tarpauling these days instead of anything else (I've seen) within the skydiving world. Repeated folding (use) of the suit produces a marble effect in the material, which looks quite cool.

6/
It actually has a fully enclosed cell within the leg wing giving it more of a conventional collapsing feel; 3 small cups on the front and back.

7/
There's 2 iphone sized pockets on the outside of cell, inside the suit, plus 1 behind the chest zip.

8/
Leg wing feels easier to tension and is a bit longer that the Expert. The leg zips, which are big and chunky, go all the way down to the soles of your shoes with neoprene around the back of your calves. It definately feels quicker forward than the Expert and after 7 jumps harder to slow down vertically....lol.

9/
The sleeves extend down over the hands a little bit more and the top is thickened/padded to give a more rounded leading edge, It is not contoured to the arm like the Expert - Think Birdman Blade but less obvious. Possibly easier and more stable to fly banked at an angle than the Expert so cloud surfing is going to be fun.

10/
It is more tiring on the lower arms/shoulders to fly than the Expert but expect to get used to this quite quickly once I've mastered the position.

11/
More stable on its back than the Expert (when I fell out of the plane on the first jump) though need to master extra surface area but am still learning to back fly anyway.

Any advice or Exprience on "Verso Hand/Arm Positions" welcome??

Fingers crossed I get to fly it with some folks this weeked!!

Gecko
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

Any advice or Exprience on "Verso Hand/Arm Positions"

well, the arm wing of the verso makes all the difference with the expert.
it will allow you to expand your flight range...

for normal flocking, just keep your arms like you use to do with the expert but you will need less tension...easy.

the same if you want to increase your forward speed, just add some more angle to your flight by pushing your chest down...:)
if you want to increase low fallrate speed, you will adopt the triwing arm position and you will feel the difference...:P. ( a bit like flying a classic/GTI from birdman...palm of hands facing up..)

its a magic suit allowing you to use all type of flight position...

one rule : no bent legs:)....except for the schnekk position !
Patrick de Guillebon

Forgot to add, the new suit dedign looks really nice...
When will the product page be added to the FYB site?
Looking forward to seeing some skilled Frenchies at the Artistic event in Gap flying the new suit!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?