DSE

Skydive Elsinore Wingsuit RW Camp

On June 11/12, Skydive Elsinore is hosting a Wingsuit RW Camp.
Coaching from John Hamilton, Ed Pawlowski, Darren Burke, and DSE. There are also other coaches who will be working with the newer groups.
The 45.00 registration fee covers Tshirt, goodie bag, video debriefs of jumps, and of course...great coaching.

Groups will be broken down by skill levels. Amongst other things, we'll be coaching for:
~Exit types
~Fall rate/Acceleration/Deceleration
~Diving (emphasis on safety)
~Flying Relative/Proximate
~Recovery from instability
~Taking docks
~The WSRW dive pool

We expect to offer a very low coach<>student ratio, so come prepared to learn a lot. Most of you know John "Hammo" Hamilton's skills as a coach; he's amongst the best in the world whether we're talking about AirSpeed or IronMan comps. He's also a closet wingsuiter. Most know Ed Pawlowski's skills as an instructor, coach, and wingsuiter.
Come prepped to become a much better flyer and competitor!

The event went very well. Peaked at 30 birds.
Ed took the CFFH Team, Darren and Jose traded places in The Sparrows, and Joel and Jose traded coaching with The Kiwis. Hammo and myself coaching on the ground and air, working with each team and with individuals.

Multiple filled Otter loads with wingsuiters-only; not an exit, in-flight, deployment, nor canopy pattern issue of any kind. People avoided the few clouds we had on Friday, and every one seems to have had a good time. A few FFC's got banged out in addition to the 17 Wingsuit loads flown.

Significantly visible improvement in the lower-time groups, great stuff coming from Team CFFC as well.
With representatives from Brazil, South Africa, Canada, Tahiti, Korea, the UK, Venezuela all as part of the event, communication was well-managed.
Only one off-landing, and he was so lost, he somehow managed to find his Venom taking him to a place nearly 6 miles from exit point (4 miles from assigned landing area). Sorta sucks having a valley floor that is only 5 miles wide; you're over mtns on exit and over mountains again on deployment.

Verticals, docking verticals, backflying, rotations, multipoint groups, Kudos to all the coaches that helped make this event a success.
Lots of photos on the Skydive Elsinore Wingsuit School page.
Between the MKE/SkyKnights event and the Elsinore event, there are 26 new birds in two weekends!
At least one, and usually two full-time wingsuit organizers on the DZ every weekend, and one full time every day of the week. Seeing 5-8 wings on a Wednesday is not uncommon, and we get some pretty sweet distances over the lake and mountain range.
See you in November for the Wingsuit Relative Work Competition!!

A little of what you missed. Super short time avail this week, so nothing special in the video until the very end.

Haha.... After I called Hammo to come and pick me up from landing off, he still asked me to drink some wine at his new house. So, I figured I'd throw in an apology for good measure. But still..... no promises ;)
Fun weekend :)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com