pierre3636

Tony Suit X 2 new Wing Suit

You have a point. But im not jumping the X2 for skydiving purpose, but mainly for BASE.
Speed is importent but also things like glide, lift, early pressirization is VERY Importent.

Alot seems to change since the airlock system was discoverd. The trend is bigger wings and those bigger wings actually fly faster. Had a S-Bird before but the new X2 is a Hell of alot faster than my old S.

You have a point. But im not jumping the X2 for skydiving purpose, but mainly for BASE.
Speed is importent but also things like glide, lift, early pressirization is VERY Importent.

But, for best glide ratio and good lift you don't need max. forward speed. With maximizing of forward speed you kill yours glide ratio and lift.

Alot seems to change since the airlock system was discoverd. The trend is bigger wings and those bigger wings actually fly faster. Had a S-Bird before but the new X2 is a Hell of alot faster than my old S.

Please don't compare here "old" and "new". Newest cars on the market have too lower fuel consumption as old-timer :P
Venom is most close here to X2. Vampire wingsuits don't use airlock system in leg wing ;)

I very much dont agree with you on that the X2 you can compare with Venom.
Very very different suits in my oppinion.
I have alot of jumps on the X2. Soon I will have alot of jumps together with V4 and Venoms. And I think I need to put my gopro filming behind me :)

Let the fun begin :)

Try a X2 if you get the chance. I promiss you will be wuite supriced of its flying ability :)

But now its enough talking. Taking easter holliday and go out flying. Have a nice easter everyone and enjoy your ws flying whatever suit you have.

I think I need to put my gopro filming behind me :)

Maybe loose some weight...:P;)

So far most people watching 'big wing' models fly in both base and skydiving comment on their low speed. Including the newer models you mention. As Deniq mentions, the performance comps show that same result in hard data.
Wingloading and drag are simple physics that would not hurt to get a bit more of a grasp on for some people. Glide and speed dont both increase with additional size.

Though ones frame of reference of course depends a lot on what fast or slow suits you've flown previously.For one person that may be a few more than others...;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Had a S-Bird before but the new X2 is a Hell of alot faster than my old S.

That's likely more to do with the more swept back arm position and thinner profile than the larger surface area of X2 over S.

Interestingly the forward arm position and thicker profile were once promoted as advantageous.

I note these changes coincide with a key member of staff moving from PF to TWS but perhaps that is just a coincidence. The same changes can be seen in the various Fusion prototypes where he was heavily involved.

Airlocks and pressurisation are a red herring ;-) All suits seem pretty solid these days.

Wingloading and drag are simple physics that would not hurt to get a bit more of a grasp on for some people. Glide and speed dont both increase with additional size.

Why was Robi faster than Frode at half his weight and flying a bigger suit? (V4 against V3) Why is Espen the fastest of them all while maximizing his glide?
Simple physics are not so simple when you add complex humans.
Oddern is a skilled pilot out there trudging through the snow to put test jumps on the X2, trust his real-world knowledge.

Why was Robi faster than Frode at half his weight and flying a bigger suit? (V4 against V3) Why is Espen the fastest of them all while maximizing his glide?
Simple physics are not so simple when you add complex humans.
Oddern is a skilled pilot out there trudging through the snow to put test jumps on the X2, trust his real-world knowledge.

1) You can't do 2 absolute similar jumps because of different boundary conditions: weather, muscle & brain conditions etc.
2) Yuri showed in his Wingsuit Studio sumer 2009 all, what we need for Base Race in theory! The best at Base Race is a heavy pilot with best L/D. For more details please read here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3626009;sb=post_username;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread.

1) You can't do 2 absolute similar jumps because of different boundary conditions: weather, muscle & brain conditions etc.
2) Yuri showed in his Wingsuit Studio sumer 2009 all, what we need for Base Race in theory! The best at Base Race is a heavy pilot with best L/D. For more details please read here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3626009;sb=post_username;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread.

My point exactly. Yuri is developing hypotheses about speed that are not supported in the real world. Oddern is doing real-world testing on the WBR course.
My observation is that the X-Wing is pretty quick, if Oddern says the X2 is quicker then I am excited to see it in action.

Odd Martin would be crying if he saw the results of the V4 vs XBird II racing several peeps here at Zhills did:D
With the own crew of TS flying the suit at a heavier wingload than the misc. jumper flying the PF one.
Even at the weight difference, the V4 owned everything else in the sky.

People jumping both suits compare the Venom
against the XII in petformance and speed, with handling/steering setting them apart in what they are (not possitive nor negative for either, just dufferent).

Each jumper comparing V4, comes down with the nastiest smile possible...

Proof is in the pudding...and loving how its served here:ph34r:B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I have a V4 and a X2 on order. Should have both soon. I look forward to comparing them.

But i will be biased having flown V2 and V3 a lot.

_justin

When I have some extra$$$$$[:/]
I can't keep up with every new wingsuit. Well that is my wallet can't!!!
So I guess I'll have to keep flyin my old outdated mach I. :P
(Yea I'm just jealous!)

Vampire wingsuits don't use airlock system in leg wing ;)

V4 has airlocked legwing

It is final version for V4-legwing or a prototype?
It is possible to post here any photos for airlocked V4-legwing?

its an assumtion im making from the V4 order form you even get to pick the colour of the scoops (seems like it will be similar phantom/ghost etc no mesh) i could be wrong as ive never seen production suit in the flesh. do you have photos of non-airlocked production suit?

its an assumtion im making from the V4 order form you even get to pick the colour of the scoops (seems like it will be similar phantom/ghost etc no mesh) i could be wrong as ive never seen production suit in the flesh. do you have photos of non-airlocked production suit?

PLease see here (from russian forums):
http://www.skycentre.net/index.php?showtopic=10290
http://www.ruexp.ru/blg/Ruexp/864.php

nice shots are production suits? dates are very early those photos predate my order form. anywho the blue one seemed to be airlocked and the orange mesh hey if photos like this get posted in russian forums could you please repost here so us english speakers dont miss out i am very interested in whats info the rest of the world has or is up to?

To confirm, there are NO final production suits yet. Anything that has been seen is just a variation on a prototype. :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies