pierre3636

Tony Suit X 2 new Wing Suit

I might be totally off but if anyone can chip in and let me know it would be great - is there a new high end suit from TS called the x2?

Above is spot on. Met Tony at Zhills a few weeks back (One of our local instructors is friends with Tony) and was lucky enough to see his one, it sounded like he still had a few things to sort on it/test but it looked pretty impressive :)

Got 35 jumps on the suit and did my first base jump on the X2 today. Love the suit. Flys very fast and stable. Its high performance suit so to fly it need alot of ws flights on a smaller (S-Bird is a good suit before start flying a X2) suit before getting into a X2.

I think Pf have the right idea (with the V4) of using the arm to leg extension to streamline the leg and not add unnessesary fabric, tony seems to be using it as an opportunity to add surface area. with pressurisation as good as it is now (only limited by the ram effect on the inlet) im interested to see just how much fabric he can add before flapping and just how slow the suit can go cant imagine it improoving L/D though. both suits seem not to have the smoothest transition from arm extention to legwing, seems the foot is now sticking out like a sore thumb to??

The X2 is the fastest suit from Tonysuits. And its FAST as HELL. And its easy to fly. So it will defenetly give the V4 good competition. And thats just what we need for the ws evolution.

Thank god for different developers and that their pushing the sport forward.
I personally love to fly Tonysuit.
Let the fun begin :)

X2 compares to Venom
more (even Tony himself made comments in that direction).

When in comes to flying speed amd performance, most people here on Zhills comparing both seem to compare them in results, yet differ in flight feeling/controll a lot.

Venom and Xbird aside..V4 is a whole other animal. As you recommend in another thread..try before buying;)

Floaty flying and agility are two totaly different flight envelopes...folding back wings to gain speed is a different thing than actual fast flying. YMMV
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Actually I dont agree with you Jarno but then again its not the first time :)
The X2's angle of attac is actually quite steep and one of the things that makes this suit so very fast and easy to fly.
But with the try before buying I actyally agree with you. If people try the X2 they will LOVE the suit I promiss you.
And I will defenatly give the V4's some good competition with my X2 ;)

The V4 maybe a whole other animal. But I promiss you the X2 is a BEAST waiting to have fun with that animal :)

I think wingsuiting needs to put together flying devisions like in boxing but height and weight as peramiters maybe height divided by weight or something like that so when 2 different people can compare suits or compete against eachother and be almost equally matched phisics wise and if they wernt a handicapp of some sort could be applied to level the playing field if everyone thats done the online wingsuit comp were also put in devisions the numbers they post would be somuch more valuble it would eventually paint a rough picture for what we need.........just a thaught

The X2's angle of attac is actually quite steep and one of the things that makes this suit so very fast and easy to fly.

Oddern - huge wingsuit-surface produce more drag as a smaller wingsuit.
Just see results for "Speed" on Paralog Preformace Competition: http://www.paralog.net/ppc/showspeedcomp.php
First places are for Vampire-3 (smaller as X-Bird). I suppose, V4 or X2 indicate in fact lower speed, because of higher drag.
"Wings over Gransee" is this year 26-28 August. We can see it in late summer :ph34r:

Genaral point: for better evaluation of the flight performace we need something like "wingsuit wingload" = wingsuit surface devided by pilot's exit weight. Results from Gransee point: light pilots in big wingsuits (low wingsuit wingload) fly well "Time". Weighty pilots (high wingsuit wingload) are better in "Speed". For "Distance" is the wingsuit wingload secondary.