ntence2

Want to be part of the Wisconsin wingsuit record?

The pops will be setting the state record, i think its over 30 and the belly will be over 40. we still don't have a count on the wingsuits yet but we only need 5 to set the record. I hope we can get some of you east troy guys out to be involved!

Will you guys aim for the best/close proximity possible, or set it up in the usual wide 'record spacing'?

Not ment in a bad way, but man...some pictures I see in magazines of'records' do make me think 'is this REALLY the best we can do as a dicipline'?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The last record we did, MI, didn't use any "official" spacing. We didn't measure out a 10ft spacing or anything like that on the ground, we just laid down something even and it just wasn't head to foot. We figured the lift capacity we were using upped the ante enough.

Why don't you post a photo of what you suggest and set the standard, then we can show it at WI and people will understand your vision?

Im mostly suggesting we keep looking for a standard, instead of sticking to what most flyers currently can do. Fly it as tight as possible with a group, strive for excellence... Again, not ment as critisism on past formations. But most people can fly docks. Why not try and space formations just a few inches shy of actually docking.

Its an old picture, but the spacing of the base 4 way in this photo should be a wonderfull thing to aim for....

I see a lot of formations with similar 'official' spacing, but when I see a group of beginners flying that distance/spacing easily within one or two jumps, I do think we could raise the bar a bit when it comes to 'what we're aiming for' when it comes to defining an actual record worthy performance.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The pops will be setting the state record, i think its over 30 and the belly will be over 40. we still don't have a count on the wingsuits yet but we only need 5 to set the record. I hope we can get some of you east troy guys out to be involved!

We recently did a FFC and there are a couple people that I feel would be qualified for this kinda thing, though none of them are gonna have suits yet by that time.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Bump.....

the weekend is approaching and all looks well. The team that brought you the Cessna 182 formation load record in MI will be organizing. How will we up the ante with a Sherpa? Going to have to turn up to find out, put on your wings and come on out!

Bump.....

the weekend is approaching and all looks well. The team that brought you the Cessna 182 formation load record in MI will be organizing. How will we up the ante with a Sherpa? Going to have to turn up to find out, put on your wings and come on out!

I have a family obligation Saturday afternoon. Is there likely to be any action on Sunday?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Bump.....

Was hoping to make it over there but it's not looking like it's gonna work out.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The event turned out nice. It was hot and humid but the atmosphere was great. We built a 6 way which was half male and half female which is pretty cool in my book. Thanks to everyone that came out and thanks to Skydive Midwest for being so hospitable.

Photo by Brian Snarr.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Very cool.

Wish I could have been there, just couldn't get off work.

We'll likely have some wingsuit stuff going on at the Cheese Boogie over at Sky Knights towards the end of the season if anyone wants to come play.
~D