mccordia

"Marko Mike" Memorial Wingsuit Boogie & Competition - Hungary

Ohh yes!!! Get everyone ready again for the Wingsuit and Tracking Festival in Hungary! As Jarno wrote, we renamed the comp from 2011, for the memory of our good friend and ws jumper, Mike Marko who passed last december.
Location will be again Siófok-Kiliti DZ, which operates an Mi-8 helicopter (no L-410 turbolet Jarno), what will fly to 4000m this year! They bulit up new indoor packing area and restaurant!
One day longer competition this year! We will start jumping wednesday (10th of Agusust) morning, so try to arrive tuesday evening.
We will have prize money in tracking category as well!
Hopefully we can do more flock jumps during those 5 days, and finnish tne competition saturday afternoon, and bang our head for the live concerts this year!
Jarno Cordia from PF will do technical presentation of performance flight and coaching, thanks Jarno for comin!

If you need accomodation try to book it in time, its gonna fill up soon!

Hope to see most of you in Hungary!

Detailed info and competition rules are avaliable on www.wingsuitboogie.hu

Csaber

Is it sensible to debate my experience or warning?

So you got 3 to 4 flocking jumps in, during the 3 day boogie.
Now its a 5 day boogie (some of us already arriving on tuesday), so you have 2 extra days. And a little faith and positive thinking;):P

Its going to be great! Looking forward to seeing all of you again!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ohh yes!!! Get everyone ready again for the Wingsuit and Tracking Festival in Hungary! As Jarno wrote, we renamed the comp from 2011, for the memory of our good friend and ws jumper, Mike Marko who passed last december.
Location will be again Siófok-Kiliti DZ, which operates an Mi-8 helicopter (no L-410 turbolet Jarno), what will fly to 4000m this year! They bulit up new indoor packing area and restaurant!
One day longer competition this year! We will start jumping wednesday (10th of Agusust) morning, so try to arrive tuesday evening.
We will have prize money in tracking category as well!
Hopefully we can do more flock jumps during those 5 days, and finnish tne competition saturday afternoon, and bang our head for the live concerts this year!
Jarno Cordia from PF will do technical presentation of performance flight and coaching, thanks Jarno for comin!

If you need accomodation try to book it in time, its gonna fill up soon!

Hope to see most of you in Hungary!

Detailed info and competition rules are avaliable on www.wingsuitboogie.hu

Csaber

and send my data to this address: [email protected] is enough?

FAE license (Spanish Air Federation) is valid? some tell me yes and others tell me not, ask for more security and international license
;)
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, became nothing, achieve nothing

For those coming from abroad. This competition and the one in Gransee are only slightly over a week apart. For sure a great way to combine 2 of the leading performance competitions with a bit of sight-seeing around EU.

Several people attending Hungary will be driving back to Holland and/or Germany after, with (no doubt) places to spare for tourist from across the pond who want to do a bit of sight seeing and later join in driving to Gransee!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

For information: if you want to see the DZ environment in Google Maps, just type "LHSK, Hungary" and enjoy.

Updated list:
01 - Deniq
02 - Jarno
03 - Benedikt
04 - Elias
05 - Andrew (maybe)
06 - Ronald Overdijk (maybe)
07 - Gabor
08 - Alx72
09 - Macca
10 - JuanCar
11 - Zeppelin
12 - Branislav
13-18 - wingsuit-group from Russia/Moldova (6 participants)

Hello,
Offical jumping starts on 10th in the morning, but if we will have more then 20 jumpers on site and weather is ok, we might can do some loads in the afternoon on 9th...Measured competition jumps will be only from 10th.

We are proudly presents Flysight GPS as a new sponsor of the event. There will be 20 units to fly with, no more unreliable, not workin units!

Cya:
Csaber

oh gosh.. i hardly have memories of my last meeting with the hungarians; or croatians for that matter! and i still have bruises and a fucked up knee.. B|

...and you never even met any Serbs :D:P

Thanks Csaber, I'll be there early on the 9th :)

oh gosh.. i hardly have memories of my last meeting with the hungarians; or croatians for that matter! and i still have bruises and a fucked up knee.. B|

...and you never even met any Serbs :D:P

Thanks Csaber, I'll be there early on the 9th :)

based on that, no SOOO sure i'd want to meet any! :P

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Anyone has or need a ride in the morning on the 10th of August from Budapest to Siofok-Kiliti , in the afternoon on the 14th of August from Siofok-Kiliti to Budapest.

Plan A: I can join someone.
Plan B: I can get someone to bring me there, so I can offer 1-2 places.

Hey all trackers and wingsuiters around the world! One week to go for THE EVENT! Get ready for 6 days of fun and amazing jumps over lake Balaton! We proudly presents more new sponsors, we expect huge ammount of participants from around the world, and we promise nice time to everyone who come over to our unique DZ operated with Mi8 helicopter.
Looks like we can start jumping on tuesday (09th) afternoon, competition starts wednesday morning, ends up saturday 18.00pm.
For every competitor! Please read general info and competiton rules on our site : http://wingsuitboogie.hu/en

If you have never jumped at Siófok-Kilti DZ in Hungary (if you do not have magnet card) please send me your full name, we want to make the cards in advance, not so spend time with it during jump time!

For further questions pm me.

See you soon,
Csaber

I would like to say "thank you very much to organisation committee for nice competition days in Hungary".
80+ participants from different countries, lot of sun, fresh air and nice infrastructure on DZ - I like it!

Results of the competition are very impressive! 3 of 4 days we had more of less zero-wind conditions. All records and best results were made during first day at the wind of about 5-10 m/s. I hope, organizer of the competition post all final data in the next days on the competition webpage.
Here are the roughly places for wingsuit category:
1) 3,005 TonySuit Apache
2) 2,751 Phoenix-Fly V4
3) 2,703 TonySuit X-Bird
4) 2,691 Intrudair Manta
5) 2,610 Phoenix-Fly Venom

Heyaa All,

Here we come with the results! For first step I uploaded (http://wingsuitboogie.hu/en/news/85) the overall results in all 3 categories, detailed round scores and nice pics are coming soon...

Thanks for all for attending, hope to see ya most of you next year!

The best trackers have a better glide than the bottom (10) wingsuit pilots. They outperform (big) wingsuits. That's impressive. :-)
"The 'perfect' parachute jump was thought to be one where the opening shock and touchdown were simultaneous" -Lyle Cameron, ~1965
---
Falling-With-Style.com