DSE

Venom, V4, PIA and Wingsuits

If you want something to bitch about, bitch about the politics and backroom tom-fuckery that "charities" are pulling on our community. Bitch about "record" events that put 30-jump wingsuiters into a position to damage someone's jaw, camera, helmet due to lack of skill.

wow that sounds really scary and dangerous, i am glad i have never been on such an event! luckily there are organizers like shorb and callantine from the flockuniversity or raise the sky for example where you don´t have to worry about something like that.

pretty sure this event was organized by shorb and callentine, i am the supposed 30 jump wonder, (actually 60) that took out spot on the first 25way attempt. i came in way tooo hot, hit the brakes and sunk too low, flared to get back up and hit spot. (Sorry Spot!) i apologised then multiple times and still feel bad about hitting him. i didnt ask to be on this "record" i was invited. i am sorry my skills werent up to your expectations, but i was not the only person there to take someone out, there were a few. again i am very sorry about taking spot out, i wasnt aware anything was damaged or your jaw was hurt! i sincerly apologise! the organizers did speak with me about the incident and i almost packed up my shit and went home. i decided to stay around and if i got cut from the jump that would have been my destiny, but it was not. we got the record and after the one mistake i flew my slot the rest of the competition with no problems. no red or yellow cards. i have the video from the jump and the crazy off landing in a trailer park, everyone landed off! i will post it soon. sorry again dse
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

man, gotta love how all these threads turn into a bunch of shit shows.

feed the centipede... FEEEEEED.... FEEEEEED....
:P
(sorry, inside joke... those who were there will know)

let's learn whatever we can from past events and try to do better next time. everyone! and that includes not just flying skills, but perhaps better communication skills, less last minute doing shit skills, and so on...

a personal issue I have is calling this a "record" to begin with.
the word "challenge" was carefully chosen... and that's how we should view this. as a challenge! screw records, screw going for the numbers, firsts, bullshit...

think of it as research. we try shit out. sometimes it doesn't work out as planned. what can we do?

option1: bitch, bitch, and bitch some more, especially with plenty of name calling cause that sure helps a lot on these forums
option2: constructively talk about what happened WITH all involved and learn from it.

no wonder nobody ever comes to post on these forums anymore...

AAAnyway... how's PIA going? Let's get back on topic here! I wanna see vids with Tonysuits and PhoenixFly and whoever else has their crap there. Shiney!! Cmon, show me shiney!!

AAAnyway... how's PIA going? Let's get back on topic here! I wanna see vids with Tonysuits and PhoenixFly and whoever else has their crap there. Shiney!! Cmon, show me shiney!!

It's going very well.
Tonysuits doesn't have their crap here, just PF has their suits, and I've been asked to not post video of the models I'm showing here because the Vampire 4 and the Venom are both prototypes, not production models. But...they're here.
Lotsa wingsuit interest, too.
And the PF air fresheners are a big hit.

pretty sure this event was organized by shorb and callentine, i am the supposed 30 jump wonder, (actually 60) that took out spot on the first 25way attempt. i came in way tooo hot, hit the brakes and sunk too low, flared to get back up and hit spot. (Sorry Spot!) i apologised then multiple times and still feel bad about hitting him.....

what you are writing here shows great attitude, but don´t be too hard on yourself. it is in the human nature to make mistakes, in the learning process as well as when you think that you have learned it all. it´ll happen....as you remember i got kicked in the face by a really experienced and good wingsuiter. in these bigger ways you hardly can guarantee that nobody touches nobody. and if you expect this you should think about if you are in the right sport or maybe you should consider doing more solos. you make a mistake learn from it, apologize, don´t do it again.
talking about this event we all agree that bland, callantine and shorb did a good job organizing it. no reason to bitch about that. everybody who was there learned and left the event with a little bit more experience and skill.

and actually i don´t think spott was refeering to this event.
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

It's going very well.
Tonysuits doesn't have their crap here, just PF has their suits, and I've been asked to not post video of the models I'm showing here because the Vampire 4 and the Venom are both prototypes, not production models. But...they're here.
Lotsa wingsuit interest, too.
And the PF air fresheners are a big hit.

You got air fresheners??!

Damn. Those are rarer than a phi!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I know I also spent a week trying to figure out what it was, including trying to eat one. I think Robert got a batch of 500 of those things with an order of some shirts, and though they look nice....damn they smell..bubblegum to the point of puking..:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

damn they smell..bubblegum to the point of puking..:P

I got two of them, first thinking it was thick stickers. After discovering what is was, I put one in my car ...

I may remove it soon ... try the car heater with it inside ! ;)
Fly better or die tryin`

Straight Fucking Edge !

ohh, the reaction on people's faces when they tried to put those things in their mouth...

Trying REALLL hard to not comment on this one....:P

hey man, for once there was something people were putting in their mouth that I had absolutely no interest in...
(and yes, I realized what I was writing as I was writing it, but left it there regardless... you know me... all dirty talk...)

this popped up on fb, lots of people saying it was the venom, but i believe it to be v4 as it has butt deflector V and skyflier style i wonder if the v4 is now in production?, but then again it could also be a custom/proto jobbie.

Both the Venom and the Vampire 4 prototypes were at PIA for sneak previews. A prototype Venom is at Skydive Elsinore for folks to see.
The Venom is a very differently-flying suit for PF, it's a sweet add to the lineup. Fast, responsive, and a lot of fun to fly.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180912_1755338076582_1032868837_2002629_6228743_n.jpg

Ahh....now that you've edited the post to include the photo...
That's not a Venom. ;)