dqpacker

"SOAR"

Did a quick search and found nothing on here.
Wingsuit Reality Show-http://www.wingsuitnews.com/2011/01/wingsuit-soar-cast-2011.html

What a piece of crap. This is more embarrassing than the wingsuit grid.:o:D:D
You guys are a bunch of nerds.

Well everybody entitled for own opinion. I find this SHOW is to be something that can open up a more publicity and add a possibility of wingsuiting becomes a very popular discipline in skydiving. So what ever you want. Even better if you have a negative opinion. It is known fact that more negativity brings more attention. attention = popularity. So bring it on ..

Did a quick search and found nothing on here.
Wingsuit Reality Show-http://www.wingsuitnews.com/2011/01/wingsuit-soar-cast-2011.html

What a piece of crap. This is more embarrassing than the wingsuit grid.:o:D:D
You guys are a bunch of nerds.

Well everybody entitled for own opinion. I find this SHOW is to be something that can open up a more publicity and add a possibility of wingsuiting becomes a very popular discipline in skydiving. So what ever you want. Even better if you have a negative opinion. It is known fact that more negativity brings more attention. attention = popularity. So bring it on ..

you sound like you have something invested in this crap show, yes crap like shit.[:/]

I never said anything about the people, I was talking about the CRAP SHIT show and the CRAP SHIT editing.:o:D
And you should use spell check! what is "interes" and how about the sentence- "And they are good people i jumped with."? Don't give grammar advise when your's is just as bad.:o

Worst anything ever.

It may be bad...but if it brings more eyeballs to the sport, it can't hurt...
It was really stupid of the producers to put this online, IMO. If they're trying to find funding, this is not the industry-standard way to do it, and not a terribly effective way to find funding.

But...If it can get eyeballs, that's more people who will want to jump, and the more that want to jump, the more people we have to jump with.

OK now I have to say something.

I almost feel like showing something like this to the public could actually be worse for the sport. Not only is the editing bad, but the interviews are terrible.
The show doesnt catch the interest of the viewer at all. "Man, wingsuiting and the people who do it are pretty boring."
The show is advertised on Extremesponsor.com and describes the show as having the "worlds best wingsuit pilots." Funny thing is, I dont see people like Julian, Robi, Jokke, Loic, Espen and the like in the trailer.
I know some of the people on the show as well, and im not bad mouthing them. But all-in-all, I just cant see how this would be good for the sport at all.

I am looking forward to shows produced by the critics on here. No doubt they will be awesome.

If I ever tried to make a trailer for a show I would take more care in making it for one thing. And I wouldnt advertise it falsly to potential sponsors. But guess what man? Im not making a fucking trailer! Just cus you are a critic doesnt mean you have to make a similar product.

Let's see your's! Where you one of the "Worlds best Wingsuit pilots" in the video?

I do have some vids on you tube that are, in fact, quite awesome, (in my own mind.)
And no, I'm not one of the "Worlds best Wingsuit pilots," either in the video, or in my own mind, lol.
But come on, people make videos to promote wingsuiting and all y'all can do is piss on them?
I'm not under any obligation to produce anything, since I applaud ANYTHING that ANYBODY does like this. Folks sitting in their keyboard kingdoms can carp all they want, but unless you've done something better, well, get busy.
But what do I know?

"Folks sitting in their keyboard kingdoms can carp all they want, but unless you've done something better, well, get busy."
--------------------------------------------------------------
You realize you are one of those people.

I seem to be having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
But what do I know?

Good one.
Wait you where in the video. You were the retarded Asian girl at the end.:o:D:D:D

Nope, I'm not an Asian girl, and again, I'm not in the video. What joy do you get from trashing this? If you want to complain about it, you should do one yourself. I could possibly do a better show, but since I don't want to go through the effort, and especially don't want to face the flack from assholes that think they could do better, (but never do,) I choose to not participate in this forum. I enjoy the efforts of those that do, some more than others. But for you to come on here with your negative opinions, leads me to believe that you could to a better show.
So have at it!
But what do I know?

Dude the RETARDED asian girl could make a better video or show than this.

OK, I admit it. Until now, I had not watched this video all the way through. I did not think I needed to, as you immediately panned it, leading me to request that you would do something better. Yes, there is a gaping void of what we could convey to the rest of the world about what we do, You are very welcome to display your stuff, as I do my self, in a limited way. But back to this show. I think you are not being fair to what is offered here. There are some great interviews, and in fact, I liked the show.
Hey, have you ever seen 'Ice road truckers?'
How about a guy eating bugs?
Give me a break.
Great show Justin, keep up the good work.
But what do I know?

Believe me, I feel what you're saying. I work in this industry, and how they're marketing the show demonstrates the lack of professionalism.
However....Berry Gordy said it best, "all publicity is good publicity so long as they spell my name right."

ANYTHING that promotes skydiving is a good thing, regardless of how you or I feel about the content quality.
Without funding going into the show, they're not going to attract quality talent. Getting funding requires someone stepping up and doing their bit.
Yes, this promo is horribly, terribly badly edited, and it could have been so much better. Even with the shit iPhone footage, etc, it could have been better by a long, long shot. most any of us here could have done a better job.
But...it's getting eyeballs, and who knows? Maybe Donald Trump will see the value in the concept and fund it with more interesting, appealing talent and a production team that has skills beyond basic iMovie.

Criticize all you want...an effort is being made, people are trying to achieve something, and while it does look offensively cheap, it's a promo puff piece. Kinda like putting a beat-up Volkwagen Beetle on display when you're trying to sell a Porsche, but...I think the effort being made is commendable. That said, the editor that put this together should hide his head in shame. There are some golden moments in there, but they're lost in the schlock, IMO.

I do appreciate the effort being made thats true, and the any publicity is good publicity thing is sort of valid, but the public is used to seeing some pretty bad ass stuff on youtube from Jokke, Loic, ect. What are the competitions planned on being? I know quite a few of those guys, and while they are really nice people, theres only a couple of base jumpers, and I can only think of about one shows worth of stuff they could really do that would be interesting out of an airplane (to the general public that is)

Theres a ton of ways this could have been done, and exercising my american freedom to openly criticize anyone I wish without providing any alternative or bettering it myself, I still stand by my previous statement,

Worst anything ever.

I can only think of about one shows worth of stuff they could really do that would be interesting out of an airplane (to the general public that is)

Multiple epi's would be easy to build out in 22 minute slots.
Some dude in SoCal is merely bringing this forum to an LCD display near you and hoping to make a buck off it. This forum has practically written his scripts. :D
Cmon...you've seen worst.
Check out "The Human Centipede" as one example. :ph34r: