dqpacker

"SOAR"

I am looking forward to shows produced by the critics on here. No doubt they will be awesome.

Production, quality, editing and content are far below industry, or even home video standards.
Thats not a comment on the intent or people in the video. Just stating what any person who's been watching tv or even the poorest of boogie videos the last 10 years.

Its sad to see a potentialy fun tv show idea, most likely get killed due to the poorest form of presentation/sales possible, and the nice people cooperating in good will/spirit get presented poorly in the process.

One doesnt have to produce a tv show himself to note this.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Not in direct relation to this video but I don't like Pepsi. Does that mean I need to invent a new cola before I can tell anyone I don't like Pepsi?

No.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Dropzone Boys

Funny to see a mock/fake trailer edited by a couple of skydivers, that gives me more laughs, excitement and feelings of "Id watch this" than that "Sore" production thing.

With the amount of material at their disposal, shouldnt be hard to edit it down to something shorter and more fun to watch....take a hint from Dropzone Boyz;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Okay, I watched this last night. And maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but to me this is OBVIOUSLY a type of audition video, not a final product.

Have you guys ever seen any of the audition videos that people send in to get on reality shows? They look exactly like this. Poor (or no) editing, poor quality video, etc. This gets shopped to a "real" producer/network, and if they pick it up, voila. You have the next Jersey Shore. If that is the case, and they get a real budget, I think this could be awesome. I'm sure some of the boring or not-so-telegenic people would get cut, and it would end up pretty entertaining.

If I'm wrong, and this is a final product, then yeah. This is pretty bad. But there's no way this is a final product, right?!

I dont think anyone sees this as a final product. But its quite clear it ment as a sales pitch for the project, and not as an audition for the competitors. In terms of auditions, those would definately fit the bill.

But to generate commercial interest, this wouldnt be the most optimal choice in terms of editing, length etc.

Which is a shame, as the material could definately be put together with a lot more flare (see the fake 'dropzone boys' trailer as an example, and give an honest answer which 'show' you'd be more likely to watch...even though neither is ment as a final product)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thanks for the kind words on our project Jarno. I just started with Vimeo yesterday and unfortunately deleted that particular video as I am loading another that may be cleaner. Sould be up in about and hour. Thought no one could see it on Vimeo yet but it seems to have gotten out there...ha ha. This thread kind of got me going so thought we would post a few things others may get a kick out of. I know how much work goes into things and I am sure they will have a great promo out in time. Hey we need a sponsor to.... or maybe a spot on Soar...ha ha.....
www.dropzoneboyz.com

Disposable wingsuits teaser
[url]http://www.vimeo.com/19663882

I know how much work goes into things and I am sure they will have a great promo out in time. Hey we need a sponsor to.... or maybe a spot on Soar...ha ha.....
[url]www.dropzoneboyz.com

Disposable wingsuits teaser
http://www.vimeo.com/19663882

I was thinking about your shows too, and agree that they are a lot better quality. I like them both, but I'm easily entertained I guess. I liked watching Matt's skydiving wingsuit vids before I ever made a jump and liked them too. In fact, the effort those guys went to in making their videos is what got me to start jumping in the first place.
But what do I know?

I love to see what guys put together out there. I'm sure that's what drives many of us to do a lot of things in the sport. It's following your dreams. We just wanted to put something out there that was just ordinary guys having fun in our sport. I encourage everyone to keep putting out their videos for all of us to enjoy. We may not be famous....but we sure are having fun!! Here's the link to the Dropzone Boyz Trailer on Vimeo. Up and running now...ha ha....Play Safe!!
http://vimeo.com/19683563

i got the "end piece" lol, i thought callentine was the "middle piece"

As long as I'm the front...

you guys are all sick.
that's okay as long as I get camera slot.

tell you what... even better... instead of going for the biggest wingsuit formations all the time, how about someone organizes the longest centipede? it could be like a docked line... only... well... slightly different kinda docks.

there's plenty of ass licking and shit handling going on in this sport already, it would work like a charm