KrisFlyZ

Altitrack, Wingsuits and 64 bit Windows 7

I just tried to download the data to figure out what's happening because it is only recording 14 secs of freefall. Is there anyone that had this problem?

L and B website say I need to get a 64 bit USB track interface device(this has to be shipped). The website only talks about XP and Vista. I am pretty sure L and B will sort me out. Just checking if anyone knows any workarounds? Or if this works on windows 7 with that USB device.

You won't find a workaround. I tried, and the fastest thing was to have Stefan send me the 64bit hardware for Win7. Works perfectly for me.

As far as the other, be sure you're set to SLO, and understand that popping the suit can fool any device. My mudflap mount is almost always right, whereas occasionally my wrist mount that I use for recording the jump is wrong due to a pop, even in a small suit.

Depending on whether the disc that came with the USB connector cable is red or blue you'll need a new device. If its red it'll only work with 32-bit systems, if its blue it'll work with 64 bit systems. At least that what they told me.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 personally, used to be 32-bit XP.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Thanks, it was in mode 0. I was pretty sure I had it set to SLO when I brought it a couple of years ago. So, no wonder the device got fooled.

The jumptrack page doesn't have it but the buy it page shows windows 7 x64. Just need to get the 64 bit version and I'll be set. Mine is the Red 32 bit one.

I don't have this specific device, but I have had trouble with using some other devices that are only supported on 32-bit windows. I have used the following workaround: virtual machine. VMWare for example is a good VM software. Install a 32-bit operating system the VM and you can use the device and its 32-bit drivers in that virtual machine just fine.
lego

You need Jump Track 3.2 64-bit plus the 64 bit driver interface to use Windows 7 64-bit. I emailed stefan at L & B and he sent me all this and just requested that i mail him back the 32-bit interface which I did. Works like a champ now on my new Toshiba Laptop.

In a WS, you can fool almost any device if you pop hard. It will think you deployed. Have it set on slow and it will happen less.

i managed to get my protrack to think i popped at 11k with my tx intro

I got confused because I thought I had set the Altitrack on SLO when I purchased it a couple of years ago.

I don't 'pop' so that confused me even more. I just believed that L&B stuff works period. The device works, I fucked up :$.

Jump Track 3 32-bit does not work in XP Compatabilioty mode on a Windows 7 64-bit machine as the driver interface is not recognized. Jump Track 3.2 64-bit plus the 64-bit driver interface works like a champ in Windows 7 64-bit.

Hey, can anybody check whether plus the 64-bit driver interface is right. Do they se a 32-bit hardware and a 64-bit Hardware? Or Just the software driver is needed? Wher can I find the correct software driver for 64-bit?

I'm running the "blue" jump-track software with the http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm driver but the usb-track interface is not available in jumptrack. Although the windows device-manager show it as "USB Serial Port".

Any advice?

holie

Im using the Altitrack with the same old USB track unit I was using several years before on my 32 bit machine, only requiring the updated drivers from the L&B website (overwriting the default install, with the normal drivers from the CD Rom that came with the USB track initially) when I updated to Win7 two years back.

I didnt realise there where newer type units?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

When I moved to the 64bit exclusive world, I had to change up hardware. L&B shipped it out at no charge, but I had also only recently purchased a new interface unit, too. Not sure if they do that for all older units or not.

Hope this fix works for virtual machines as well. When Apple went 64 bit the windows XP VM on my MAC stopped being reliable for Alti-track uploads and often locked up. After a couple MAC OS updates Alti-track communicator quite working altogether.

So I too have moved to a windows 7 VM and am just sending an email to L & B to get the 64 bit hardware.

Thank you again for making this a great source for info.
Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.