KrisFlyZ

GoPro Adhesive mount for Wingsuiting

Your saying that you get a higher speed in wingsuiting than freeflying or speeddiving?

Different angle on the mount (relative wind), and yea..I think my fastest speed in freefly is 180mph or so, in wingsuit Ive done 200+ in dives...:D
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The skin will peel away from your face long before that adhesive stuff on the mount fails.

Really, the only issue you may have is the plastic mount where the camera "snaps" in is a little loose and can shake a bit if the direction of airflow against it changes a lot. You can fix that by adding some material to make that connection more snug.

The adhesive itself is fine, but I have had several of my plastic brackets break (not exactly during a jump I dont think, but when your helmet gets knocked around cracks can develop that you dont notice until the camera falls off). The metal cookie mounts are bomber though. Yes, they are expensive but if it saves you from replacing even one GoPro then they are worth it.

I have that same helmet with the mount on that same place but I used the curved mount, it fits better than the flat mount. (more adhesive making contact with helmet). I guess I have maybe 100 WS jumps with the GoPro there and no problems.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

The Z-1 open face is one of the worst designs made. I own one and it never is in the same place twice on several wing suit jumps it caught air and nearly started choking me. I would never consider putting a camcorder on one as you would have no idea where it was going to point. I love the Z1 full faced helmet but the open faced one sucks
Kirk
He's dead Jim