michalm21

Come on PF! I want to see new toys :)

For skydiving...definately not needed.
On basejumps, the easier acces to the base pouch can (and has proven to be) a crucial half a second diffence that seperates close call from injury...

For the big suits where this easier acces isnt available, a more conservative opening altitude that allows for a minor fumble and/or delay due to the burble is advised...(as well in skydiving as base)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thats 2 statements you make on a forum about how a company works....might be wise to just mail to the manufacturer next time you have these questions. Much more productive than coming up with your own answers...;)

But to answer some....Venom will be available for pre-order soon.
And special requests (wing a bit longer, no base pouch, all pink, etc etc) are made all the time, and never a problem.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

my statements are my opinions and are not solid answers or facts blind freddy could see this in my wording (and was only said to get people off my back about what im trying to add to the discussion) but lets assume they were how may of them would be true in regards to the v4 right now as it stands??
please stop twisting my words and treating them as personal attacks.
I will not be bullied into keeping what i have to add to the discussion which is totally valid to myself just because it differs with yours or popular opinion.

I dont know what you're reading into all this, and who bullied you or what bothering you...but geez...lighten up dude..

I answered your questions, and mentioned a forum isnt the best place to get answered aimed at the manufacturer...direct contact is..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thats 2 statements you make on a forum about how a company works....might be wise to just mail to the manufacturer next time you have these questions. Much more productive than coming up with your own answers...;)

But to answer some....Venom will be available for pre-order soon.
And special requests (wing a bit longer, no base pouch, all pink, etc etc) are made all the time, and never a problem.

Jarno, I was thinking, some of the videos you've cut have shown some interesting logos/art on the various surfaces, such as the vampire mouth on one V3 tail; in addition, the work on Steph Davis' Five Ten V3 is pretty amazing, do you guys have a compilation of all the custom work done that could be put online or would that run into the realm of respecting the customer by keeping such a thing private?

We'd have to ask a lot of people for permissions. But Ill see if something like that is possible.

But in general, ANY design is possible. Though sometimes cost may be quite a bit extra if its complex stuff that has to be sewn into the suit at various production stages.

Nice big surfaces (like those 5ten logos) that can be sewn onto the suit always look best, though emrboidery of course is also a good/easy option.

I expect to see pix of the Belgiam airforce appear here soon as well. They have 4 matching suits, with big logos embroided on the wings (Vigil). Looks pretty damn cool.

I hope to get all 4 suits in front of my lens sometime over the coming weekends...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The V4 seems to pass at roughly the same height in the videos I have here from Robert, only quite a bit of additional speed. Robert does seem to prefer diving and passing through the tree/rock outcrop. Several takes on this one are in the N4S trailer and full video.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Its not escact science...but roughly comparing.

Fred - duration 0:25 from exit (passing tree point)
venom - duration 0:28 from exit (passing tree point)

I have two videos here of that same jump in the V4
The first pass takes 0:25 from exit, the second jump it takes only 0:22B|

Ill see if I can post some of these to YouTube in full when we get closer to the V4 release..;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Id say the same speed. Though the runs I have from JNO and Robi on that location are from the first few jumps on the prototype V4 quite some time ago. Changes are they learnt to fly them a lot faster by now. But on initial comparison, Id say yea....seems to be the same speed but getting a better glide ratio.

I know JNO had some guys testjumping the V4 in France a week ago, and they also experienced flying the same speed, but catching a much higher line than usual on their initial jump.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?