michalm21

Come on PF! I want to see new toys :)

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. But a lot of R&D and testing and planning goes into making sure the product you end up flying is tested and end up being a suit you can fly for a long time.

Both new suits of the V-line are closing in on their final itteration...
Expect some big announcements on this subject....soon....

Flock & Dock might be a thing worth attending for those in the USA with an interest in this one..:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Since it's too cold for me to fly my V3.x I want to look at new pictures of new toys! Gimme gimme gimme, I'm addiiiiiicted B|B|B|B|B|:P

You just want to see? I landed in Sunny TX a couple of days ago. I want to fly the new toys Gimme gimme gimme, I'm addiiiiiicted B|B|B|B|B|:P:D.

In those photos it looks like the base pouch would be harder to find than the boc I hope it only comes out as an option I can't see how something tucked away on the suit can be easier to find than a boc that sits proud from the suit.

A) Just because the base pouch is there doesn't mean you have to use it.

B) Still looks more accessible than BOC to me.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I would guess these are the proto types, where the two closest cells to the torso on the arm wing extend down to the about the shin.

The most significant upgrade is size(area). In terms of size between V1 and V2, no increase. V2 and V3 a little increase and now a relatively bigger increase.

I don't think any official Venom pics/video are out in the open but word is(from Base forums) that some people in the BASE world have been flying it since October last year(time of the ProBASE race).

No but from the pics it seems that the but deflector has been cut into to fit and streamline the base pouch but if I wasn't gonna use it Ide like my but deflector to be unmodified streamline bla bla bla

What do you mean? It looks to be the same as v3 to me. The part of the arm wing cells next to the body extending down the leg makes it look different.

To me the left side doesn't look symmetrical to the right as they have to make space for the pouch this space/void seems to project well past the pouch aswell in one of the pics. Ps weather this is the case for v3 is irrelevant to me I don't own one and probably never will.

o me the left side doesn't look symmetrical to the right as they have to make space for the pouch this space/void seems to project ...

I don't see any adjustment to the Butt deflector to accommodate the BASE Pouch. To me it looks like the deflector is symmetrical with the PC pouch sewn on top of one side. A little asymmetry can occur because of the big fat PC stuffed in there.

Ps weather this is the case for v3 is irrelevant to me I don't own one and probably never will.

Which suit you buy is irrelevant to me.

As mentioned, we put a lot of real world R&D into our new suits to make sure we bring the best product we can to market.

The prototypes you see in those pictures have indeed already had changes made to them.

Trust me, the wait will be worth it.

Oh, and those coming to the AGM here in the UK, may get a chance to have a sneaky peak at some of the protos ;)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Since it's too cold for me to fly my V3.x I want to look at new pictures of new toys! Gimme gimme gimme, I'm addiiiiiicted B|B|B|B|B|:P

A pic of the venom posted by JNo on the french forums. You have to scroll to the correct post in the thread.

http://www.base-jump.com/index.php/topic,3629.msg10065.html#new

The french to english traslator on google gave me a few laughs...

======================================

No offset handle on this model. This requires the effect of placing the bag on a party that does not swell, and yes we should put this one in the middle of the buttocks to the fabric side does not come to cover it.
Use the bottom of the bag works perfectly. just get the handle, passing his hand over the wing of arms, the fabric side does not cover it.

It resembles its American competitor? Venom is the reply Phoenix-Fly to this type of combination, thus tackling the same flight envelope. It has similar characteristics, which we brought our ideas and improvements. it's a bit like cars: Berlingo, Partner, kangoo, ........ for a given market, many things are alike.

======================================

Because the different cut on the wing allows for a much easier pull on the Vampire, and in the Venom actually does the opposide and hides the BASE pouch under the wing the moment you start reaching for the pilotchute/hackey.

Though not clear on the pictures shown, there are some exciting new features on this suit, providing several elegant working solutions for emergency procedures. Expect more details soon!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The Vampire (for skydiving) is perfectly fine for use with BOC (in fact, advice is to not use the BASE pouch in the skydive enviroment for anything but a solo).
For BASE, the pouch makes the pull A LOT easier and quicker to acces, without any searching.

The Venom as seen isnt 100% final, and is still being tweaked on the small details. It has 3 different systems allowing freeing up of the arms, and for skydiving there is still some tinkering going on with a new release for the legwing as well.

Depending on placement, a base pouch can also be in the version of the Venom thats eventualy released.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

but if a boc pull can be acceptable for the venom surely it can be acceptable and probably easier for the vampire. I hope the bring out a vampire made specifically for boc.

hmmm, every Vampire (or suit in general for this matter) is and will be made to be used with BOC.
Nowhere it states that you HAVE to use the pouch with the Vampire. I am for sure not using it (yet)