Ronaldo

Quick Wingsuit/ Freefly set up

Finally decided to put my brain to work a little bit and solve a really annoying issue: removing/ installing bungee straps for wingsuit/ freefly jumps. I installed one set of dot snaps in a small piece of nylon tape and attached it to the leg straps (see pictures). Now it takes only a few seconds to switch from one discipline to another.
My Wings have a channel through which I passed the tape but it can easily adapted for other rigs just by sewing it at the edge of the leg strap (over trim tape).
I’m not sure if this belongs to gear & rigging or here so moderators feel free to move it.
Merry Xmas everybody!
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Nice mod. Good thinking.

As an aside, is your rig custom measured and fit to you? I ask as in all my jumps I've never has any sort of legstrap retention device installed, and it's my feeling that a properly fit rig shouldn't need one.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Thanks
Yes, my rig is custom made and fits really well but on the very few jumps I made without the bungee one or both straps moved a bit towards the middle of the thigh. This happened transitioning from a sit with legs open 90º or more to a stand up position. The straps prevented me momentarily to push my leg down to a stand. Not a big deal in terms of safety as it comes back to place when I’m back to belly but may ruin the middle of the jump.
My jumpsuit is made of supplex and has a straight cut, maybe this contributes to making it slippery for the leg straps.
When gearing up I fasten chest strap first then bend forward and fasten leg straps snuggly (not tight).
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

I tried that also but it takes a bit more time. It would be perfect if I knew I was jumping only one discipline each day but sometimes I have to change it in the middle of the day. I already spend some time switching canopies [:/].

Hello Threre!
Good thinging about the solution.!!
I use this one on the photos for my self. :-))
It is also very simple and you can install it on the rig in 1 minute.No rigger or machine.
You need to make two knotes on these buggie cords.
You can found it on www.lookma.de

Really nice and simple. I couldn't find anything similar here so decided to build something.
BTW, I'still looking for a strong bungee like the one you're using.

I tacked a small Velcro wrap to the end of some bungee and it looks like a knot. Simple, fast and no hard bits to sit on and nothing to catch.

Also, you can go mad trying trying to find bungee in specific sizes/colours. The best places are yacht chandlers (it’s used to strap down spinnakers/sails on the foredeck, and yacht folk like their stuff colour coordinated)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I did something "similar". I found some very small carabiners typically used on key chains that would fit through that little nylon tube on the legstraps and just tied the bungee between the two carabiners. Easy on....easy off. Never had any snag or comfort issues.

Sorry...... no pictures.

Cool idea! It wouldn't work in my rig though as the loops are inside the channels.
BTW, it is really good to see other people's smart ideas coming up!
Thanks for the tip on bungee source