The111

VIDEO: Puerto Rico Freefall Fest 2010, Wingsuit Edition

Nine months later! (That means if you got pregnant at this boogie, your baby is probably due by now). It's been a busy spring, summer, and fall for me... but now that the slow winter is here, I finally got around to editing this together. Makes me miss the sunshine and warm weather for sure...

Watch (HD)
Watch (standard)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Awesome seeing new stuff from you! And great vibe and great shots! That ocean backdrop looks amazing!

Hope to see more of your vids!! Its been a while! We need to hear those chickens more oftenB|

Only point of critique...clean your lens!
There seemed to be a purple thing in front of it the whole time..:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Fantastic video. Are you coming this year?

Watching this makes me yet again gnash my teeth that a certain load organizer managed to put the memory stick with all my video from PR in the wash. It came out clean...

As an aside, why flash format? It makes my iPhone cry. (Actually, that may be precisely why flash format.)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Fantastic video. Are you coming this year?

Good question. Still deciding I guess. Long flight from CA. But the warm weather is even more appealing now.

Watching this makes me yet again gnash my teeth that a certain load organizer managed to put the memory stick with all my video from PR in the wash. It came out clean...

That sucks... you had some nice photos for sure.

As an aside, why flash format? It makes my iPhone cry. (Actually, that may be precisely why flash format.)

Weird, I thought iPhone could handle flash? My older Android phone can't either... but I mainly do it this way so I can fully embed it in my site without relying on Youtube or any other service. Watch it on a real PC, on a big screen. :P
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Gorgeous!

And besides commenting on your own flying and looks...anything good to say about the rest of the video?:P

no, no, he was talking about me, of course :)

seriously, though, excellent work, Matt! I really enjoyed watching that. great memories of awesome docking fun!

Noice! My favorite part was the guy in the red X-Bird(?) goes rocketing through the formation doing barrel rolls.B|B|B|!

same for me :D:P:)
Now imagine a "hollow circle" formation, like a human hoola-hoop :o:o:o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Noice! My favorite part was the guy in the red X-Bird(?) goes rocketing through the formation doing barrel rolls.B|B|B|!

same for me :D:P:)
Now imagine a "hollow circle" formation, like a human hoola-hoop :o:o:o

Actually my fav part is at 1:19 when Justin (red guy) gets frustrated after repeatedly floating up every time he reaches for a dock, so he shakes his head and flaps his wings in frustration as he drifts out of the frame...

As far as your human hoop though, we've done that before at Zhills several times... Scott always calls it the flying vagina. :S The ring is never usually tight enough though (there's a joke there somewhere).

Watch this one from 3:05-3:35: three of us fly through, first Omar doing 1.5 barrel rolls, then Chuck Blue doing a fucked up half flip half twist, the me nearly running into Chuck... and all 3 camera angles are there. Also at 5:01-5:07 on the same video I fly across the top of an "X" (double V) and a guy to my left drops out of his slot which I have to avoid, and I come so close to the guy on my right that I scraped my hand across something on him or his gear and cut myself somehow (you can see his hand in frame at 5:04)... he never even felt it he said.

I know I have footage of some others but I can't find them. It would be awesome with a tighter ring like this, and I know other tighter formations have been done this year too.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Now imagine a "hollow circle" formation, like a human hoola-hoop

I believe we refer to those as "flying vagina" formations

Yeh and the one in Puerto Rico this year was actually supposed to be a ring... again the top guy was just so far away he was out of frame in the video. The person flying through the ring is referred to as the penetrator. :o
www.WingsuitPhotos.com