hjumper33

New suits

Hi Jon,

It's the biggest suit I've even seen and flown. I don't know when Tony will start selling this new suit and because it was primarily developed for BASE I also don't know if it'll be modified to fit skydiving rigs too (release and reserve handles).

This suit is not intended for flocking so if that's what you're after I would go for the X-Bird.

Grtzz, Henny

** Know what you say but don't say all you know. **

The catagory (big wing) suits such as xbird, stealth2, venom etc are not intended for flocking anyways, unless you prefer flying with arms folded back.

If flocking and flying is your game, choose a suit that fits your bodytype and skills. Bigger isnt always better.
Every manufacturer hasa wide range
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The catagory (big wing) suits such as xbird, stealth2, venom etc are not intended for flocking anyways, unless you prefer flying with arms folded back.

The picture is of the expression I made when I read that quote.

We flock with big suits all the time - if you have a big suit, you just need to have others with big suits that know how to fly them in the flock...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I flock with big suits as well, every once in a while.
But still most flocks barely reach the 90 second mark. And Ive seen little to no videos passing 2 minutes of flocks, where most big suits should easily reach 3 minutes if you read all the bragging of solo performance.

Id love to see people do some big flocks where the suits are used to full potential, but little to no people actually do those.

And often big suits are purchased when people are having issues keeping up with the forward speed of the flock. Adding more drag sure isnt the answer there. Flying a suit more sized for their body type and the performance they are flying is the answer.

Some people use the suits to their full potential for flocking. A lot of people use them as comfort blankets, afraid of needing to actually work to be there..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Starting what again?
Im proud of any achievement. Just advocating 'right tool for the right job'. Not keen on the 'bigger is better' approach that leads to a low of low experience people in suits that are way past what their skill level should allow.

That said...cool picture...
Also dont see how it relates in any way to this discussion...but the self promotional stuff sure looks nice:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And there are big suits, and superbig room-sized suits...
At the time the Blade, SM1 and Ghost where deemed huge. Compared to some models from the last two years, those are tiny...

Im not against big wingsuits, and fly them a lot...but do think some people choose the wrong tool for the wrong job sometimes..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

There are a lot of wingload comments made here, but between all the clutter on brandwars, landing attemps and the occasional sheep and horse comments its hard to find.
Related to manufacturers, there's indeed no real guidence related to wingload....
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I've heard and read NickR recommending wing loads for his wingsuits.
Cant seem to find more, but from his facebook: "Pipistrellus is introduced. Recommended wing-loading: 155-185 LBS (pilot's naked weight)"
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Im not against big wingsuits, and fly them a lot...but do think some people choose the wrong tool for the wrong job sometimes..

are you talking about me ? :|:D:D
Still have 3 suits to pick from for the correct application :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Seems like the V4 is coming out this spring, whats in the stable for a new tony suit? Anyone got inside info for anything else cool coming out?

We are now taking orders for two new suits, the X2 and the Apache X

The Apache is the new Fusion but made to take your rig,
the full on Fusion is coming soon,

Introducing "Wing Forward"
More speed, more glide.........
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Seems like the V4 is coming out this spring, whats in the stable for a new tony suit? Anyone got inside info for anything else cool coming out?

We are now taking orders for two new suits, the X2 and the Apache X

The Apache is the new Fusion but made to take your rig,
the full on Fusion is coming soon,

Introducing "Wing Forward"
More speed, more glide.........

Nice :):D.

hjumper33: I will have a V4 at some point after the release. I am around 6'2" and 175lb(remember reading on here that you are in the same ball park). If I am in your neck of the woods or vice versa, it would be good to make a few flights(V4 and X2 in formation...maybe with a peace flag in between...some one has to do it. I bet a pic like that would see good use on these forums) :D:D.