LukeH

FlySight navigation mode

Hi,

It doesn't do that automatically.

I suggest you put a text file on the device with a list of DZs containing Name, Lat, Lon and landing Elevation for each.

It's just a single copy and paste of the DZ setting to the Config.txt file before visiting a different DZ, but will require access to a PC to make that change.

just wondering if a voice reading out direction every 5-10 sec would be one way to handle direction - leaving beeps for distance/vertical speed? Perhaps directions read out could be either relative to North, or relative to jump run?
Parachutist Game IOS Android YouT

just wondering if a voice reading out direction every 5-10 sec would be one way to handle direction - leaving beeps for distance/vertical speed? Perhaps directions read out could be either relative to North, or relative to jump run?

You have to wait for flysight 4S. :P

Not with Flysight.

There is possibly scope for someone to write a smart phone app that could do this, however it's usefullness will be limited by how well the phone's GPS works for skydiving and where it is placed. I'd guess they are ok for navigation if they had a resonably quick warm fix time. The accuracy of FlySight is more important for performance data than navigation.

In real use the beeps provide quite a clear indication of direction, I'd say it's distance that is less clear, alhtough I haven't used distance much (just a couple of test jumps). I find it's not really necessary if you have accurate direction indication.

You have to wait for flysight 4S. :P

Yes... FlySight 4S will be identical to the current model, but I'll add voice indication to the firmware and force everyone to upgrade to the new hardware if they want to use it.

Muahahaha...

B| Michael

You can download the compiled software from: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13230955/Main.hex
Sample config file for navigation: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13230955/CONFIG.TXT

Instruction on how to install are here: http://flysight.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware_upgrade

Hi I'm attempting to upgrade this navigation software to flysight but only using a mac. The firmware software only seems to work on PCs.

Any clues as to how to do this on a Mac? Thx

I was wondering if there is an option to change the volume at a certain height.
"The 'perfect' parachute jump was thought to be one where the opening shock and touchdown were simultaneous" -Lyle Cameron, ~1965
---
Falling-With-Style.com

I seem to be having issues with loading this Navigation firmware.

Once loaded, my flysight wont turn on, wont go into charge mode, and fails to be recognised on my PC.

It takes several attempts to re-enter the update mode to again recognise it on my PC, to then be able to reinstall the original firmware so it goes back into a functioning unit.

Let me know if you need anything from me to help understand what is going on.... whether its my own personal muppetology or anything else...

Many thanks in advance for any help.

-M

Hello Luke, I am trying to download the flyblind 1.1e (is this the latest which allow for hight longitude locations?). I clicked on your dropbox http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13230955/Main.hex but it seems it is not valid any more. Could you provide the .hex file for it?

Thanks,

O

Flyblind 1.1

I hope this gets integrated in the the new FlySight firmware.:)It works beautifully.

-Y.

"The 'perfect' parachute jump was thought to be one where the opening shock and touchdown were simultaneous" -Lyle Cameron, ~1965
---
Falling-With-Style.com

Luke,

Thanks for your great work. Just tried the new hex with 2 mates of mine and it worked great!

We just tried to use the "config" folder and the on-off-on trick to change the configs on the fly. One does not usually need the navigation mode in every jump where visibility is sufficient.
However it seems the latest Flyblind hex does not support this quick-change feature with the power switch.

Any chance you could update your Flyblind under the latest Flysight beta release so one could change the config on the fly in case of sudden cloud coverage in the jump run?
That would be epicly great =)
The gentle giant.