Skwrl

One year

A year ago tomorrow, our brother bird Steve Harrington had a tragic accident following the last jump of the 68 way in Elsinore.

Many of you jumped with Steve and knew the measure of the man - a quiet, unassuming guy who wanted nothing more (and nothing less) than to fly his wingsuit. He wasn't showy. He didn't care if there were cameras running or whether the jump was a "boring" small flock or a record. He just loved to fly.

On November 21, 2009, just a few of Steve's many friends got together to fly a missing man formation in his memory. The video from that day is here: http://www.vimeo.com/8228284 and a memorial page about Steve can be found here: http://flockuniversity.org/steve

I, for one, miss him. We will not see his like again.

Blue skies, Steve.

-J

To the mods: I know that there's other places for memorials and blue skies, but as I've said before, wingsuiting is a community within a community and this post would be lost there. I ask you to make an exception on this one.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

You can judge the quality of a friend by how happy you are to see them. In the last year I've had a few times where I saw someone at a distance I thought I recognized, and for a split second thought, "Steve!" oh... yeah... guess not...

I try to live life like the world could end at any moment so I have as much fun and treasure as many friends and loved ones as I can.

This piece of music has a message that expresses that philosophy better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjx3Yn31nlE

Steve was one of the most relentlessly positive, "up" people I've ever known. Treasure every moment with your friends, guys. You never know how much time you have left with them.

Adios brother bird, we miss you bro. It was an epic adventure to fly with you. And we're all really glad you showed up to the party. We just wish you hadn't had to leave it so soon.
Tweet.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

In the last year I've had a few times where I saw someone at a distance I thought I recognized, and for a split second thought, "Steve!" oh... yeah... guess not...

It's happened to me, too. [:/]

Steve, get some shoes you hippie, wherever you are.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com