PhoenixRising

VErTiCaL Challenge Series

Hey Everyone,

As you might have seen or heard. We completed the first 16 way vertical diamond this past summer at Jumptown in Massachusetts. It went great!!!

Moving forward, We now have the next event scheduled. It will be a 25 way vertical diamond at Z-hills Jan 20-23 2011.

This will be followed by a 36 way vertical diamond to be completed at Jumptown, MA July 2011.

The culmination of this event is a 49- way vertical Diamond at Skydive Carolina in November 2011.

We already have the aircraft secured and the event planning is well underway!!

What we need is YOU!!!!

These events are invitational only. Invitations have gone out for the 25 way, but we are always accepting alternates, and people to try out who want to be a part of history.

If you think you can do it, or are interested contact one of the captains and we will get you the information needed.

There are going to be vertical flying skills camps all over the US this winter and next summer.

I have spoken with a few European flyers about holding camps and qualifying flyers also.

So if you are interested, No matter where you are, please contact us.

The captains so far:

Justin Shorb
Scott Callantine
Scott Bland
Ed Pawlowski

We also have DSE holding camps and offering training. He can qualify you to get an invitation.

Check out the photos and videos from the 16 way:

http://skwrl.smugmug.com/Skydiving/Vertical-Challenge/13417689_uucHD#976349433_WcDzC

http://scottyburns.smugmug.com/Sports/Wingsuiting/Jumptown-Vertical-Challenge/13849413_K9r5m#1015288978_AtBKj

25 way 3D video http://www.vimeo.com/16563621

Thanks and enjoy

J-Sho
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

This just in:

Jarno cordia has joined the team as an organizer. He will be holding camps and qaulifying people in Europe. So any one over there wants to fly, get with Jarno.

Robi also expressed interest in the vertical formations and plans to attend the 49 way next november. ( barring he passes Jarno's qualifier) ;)

J

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

I'm posting this message from TK in case anyone missed it. I'd also like to add that the Nylon City packers do a great job and can help keep you in the air. I use them myself ...

from TK ...

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and help you get things sorted out ahead of time for this weekend.

If you have not been to Z-Hills in the past 6 months, we have a new waiver (attached) and would ask that you fill it out and bring it with you.

You can also scan and email or fax it to us ahead of time as we can update your records prior to your arrival. Bring your reserve card and USPA/equivalent memberships when you check in ,
[email protected] or fax 813-783-2171.

We have lots of jumps organized and have two Twin Otters, a Skyvan and Super Caravan onsite, looking forward to seeing your jumps.

The new Sunset Bar in the Bird House is awesome and with the projection system, you can play your videos on the big screen almost instantly. So bring your USB drives and we can upload the stuff to our server.

Hope to see you here and let me know if you have any questions and need anything,

David TK Hayes
President/General Manager
Skydive City Inc.
800-888-JUMP
www.skydivecity.com

It was a lot of fun and great to see a bunch of people that I haven't seen in a while (and to meet some new folks as well).

We bashed together a video for the bar Saturday night. That video is available on WWN, that's a teaser of the video to come - we didn't get the formation really together until Sunday. Stay tuned for that and for Scotty's pics!
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Pictures:
http://skwrl.smugmug.com/Skydiving/Flock-U-Vertical-Challenge/15575932_rNDaU#1167006942_a8s4H

A great weekend. Tough weather and challenging. But a great accomplishment!!!

Congrats everyone

Justin

I sure thought it was challenging! I clearly needed to eat more donuts!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Pictures:
http://skwrl.smugmug.com/Skydiving/Flock-U-Vertical-Challenge/15575932_rNDaU#1167006942_a8s4H

Congrats everyone

Justin

Here is an idea, Have Tony convert your suit to have zippers for over the shoulder and down the body root. You can then get the benefit of the drive the tail gives but can zip on a smaller wing. A true convertible Wingsuit! Just be sure to put the matched pair of wings on.

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Thanks to everyone who joined on this!!! it was a great accomplishment anyhow and even more impressive considering what was thrown at the team (weather etc.) a highly professional organized event where safety was always priority number one and participants were qualified with care.

ah yes and the party was awesome too :)
let´s do it again soon!!

tim

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

Thanks also from my side to everyone involved. It was a fun, respectful and safe event, more than worth the trip. Great team who stuck to it and accomplished a lot in little time, despite several challenges.
Hope to be able to bag the big one this year!

Alex

Pictures:

Congrats everyone

Justin

Here is an idea, Have Tony convert your suit to have zippers for over the shoulder and down the body root. You can then get the benefit of the drive the tail gives but can zip on a smaller wing. A true convertible Wingsuit! Just be sure to put the matched pair of wings on.

Scott

Great idea, Scott.

It was a fun event despite the curve the weather threw at us.

The organizing team did a great job.

No injuries, no close calls, safety a priority.

Thanks very much.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.