mccordia

FlyLikeBrick - Artistic Flight Video

I proudly present a new edit made with the great footage that Costyn shot of Alejandro and me at the wingsuit competition in Italy last month.

The video is now live on Vimeo (It will be added to our website tomorrow).

Hope you like it! And looking forward to seeing an even bigger and better competition next year! Definitely all join in on the fun!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

For the record, you guys are my heros! It's great for newer w/s'ers like myself to watch things like this and strive to be this good at some point. BTW, you guys are flying Shadows I noticed. What is the reasoning behind this (ie. why not a P2 or a Ghost)?

Great flying, and props to the camera flyer too. Without good video we wouldn't be able to watch incredible maneuvers like this.
Muff #5048

Thanks for all the praise guys!

It was fun to film and fun to fly, albeit quite challenging at times as they sometimes dropped like a rock 100ft further down below me during maneuvers, and I had to keep up.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Yea...Costyn did a kickass job. Especially the linked rolls looked challenging from a cameraflyers perspective, as the speed went from flying nicely to balistic/ground hungry, than immidiately back to flying again.
We tried to feed him burble as much as we could, but he kept us framed and never cost us points. He was also chosen best cameraflyer at the competition (for a reason;))

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

BTW, you guys are flying Shadows I noticed. What is the reasoning behind this (ie. why not a P2 or a Ghost)?

I assume it's because the suit is specifically designed for aerobatics / artistic flying which this competition was all about..

As Jarno would say - "Dress for success." :P
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Alejandro flies a Phantom2. I prefer the Shadow.
Both suits roughly perform the same, only one flies a bit different than the other in body position. So mostly personal preference there.

Costyn has the Ghost for the extra range he needs as a cameraman..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

it's starting to look a lot like the other disciplines

The focus on individual and team skill is awesome.
Grips and flying are also much more fun to judge than measuring distance between people:P

That aside..we are just amateurs who do it a lot.
I cant wait to see what some of the full-time flyers can do. If I see what the babylon guys are doing off cliffs these days, they'd for sure take this stuff to the next level.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Alejandro flies a Phantom2. I prefer the Shadow.

Going to go for a Shadow with grippers suit eventually? And speaking of, (mind you I looked at the footage a while ago) were any of the teams flying suits with grippers?

Awesome flying on everyone's part, especially Costyn's.

Going to go for a Shadow with grippers suit eventually?

You mean leg-grips?
There currently are no figures requiring leg grippers. But its an options thats available if people want.
Some teams flew in the Acro, and had leggrips, though didnt use em.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?